This agreement is between DESIGNER (“Designer”) and CLIENT (“Client”) and concerns the following website:
Website Name: WEBSITE NAME
Business Name: CLIENT COMPANY
Business Email: CLIENT EMAIL
Business Phone: CLIENT PHONE #
The Designer agrees to do the following:
(Terms are defined in Schedule A, attached, unless otherwise specified.)
If there are major changes to the project midway, the fee will be renegotiated.
As your designer, I affirm:
I have the experience and ability to perform the services you need from me.
I will carry out this service in a professional manner.
I will respect the confidentiality of any information you give me.
As my client, you agree:
You have the power to enter into this contract on behalf of yourself or your organization.
To provide me with what I need to complete the project, when I need it.
To review my work, provide feedback and sign off within agreed timescales.
To stick to the payment schedule described.
I make a living as a freelancer, so prompt payment is important to me. To help make sure we stay friends, you agree to stick tight to the following payment schedule:
The total cost of the work is: $___
I will invoice the initial down payment of $___once this agreement has been signed. I won't start until I receive this payment. You agree to pay the remaining $___upon completion.
Starting date is the DAY OF WEEK day of MONTH, 2019 and completion date is the DAY OF WEEK day of MONTH, 2019 for amount of $___. You will first pay a deposit fee for $___. The balance of $___will then be due on the completion date.
If I have not received any feedback or comments within 7 business days of submitting work to you (at any stage - the initial draft or subsequent edits), I will assume you are happy the work has been completed and will invoice for the remaining balance.
My payment terms are 7 business days. Please pay on time!
I believe in hitting deadlines, but I can only do this with your help. So I can’t be responsible for a missed deadline if you have been late with a down payment, slow to supply materials or not provided feedback to agreed timescales.
I also can’t be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances completely beyond my control, like family emergencies, floods, war, acts of god and so on.
If this agreement is signed and I have received your down payment by [DOWN PAYMENT DATE], I will deliver first draft copy by 15 business days from the date of payment.
Further changes will obviously take extra time. We can agree deadlines for those together, but I’ll do everything I can to meet your needs.
The projected schedule for completion of my work (specify number of iterations, if applicable) is:
Additional edits/formatting will take place until client is satisfied with service.
I can’t be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances completely beyond my control, such as dire family emergencies, floods, war and acts of god.
My editing your work isn't a guarantee that it will be accepted for publication.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES:
We totally understand that along the way, there are some changes that may pop into your head, which are not specified in the Description of the Work section of this contract. This is fine, so long as we create a separate Agreement and payment schedule while reserving all rights of this agreement.
CANCELLING THIS CONTRACT
If you wish to cancel this agreement, I will retain your down payment and you may be required to make an additional payment to cover the work I’ve done. This ‘kill fee’ (not as dangerous as it sounds) will be based on the percentage of the project completed.
Please note that until I receive payment in full for having edited your work, I retain copyright ownership of the work I have done on the manuscript. This means that no journal (or book publisher) can legally publish your work if you have not paid me in full for editing.
When I receive full payment from you, I automatically relinquish any copyright claims on your work.
Website design is intrinsically a process of offering advice and suggestions to the client. While I will make every effort to bring questionable material to your attention, you agree to indemnify and save me harmless from any and all claims or demands, including legal fees, arising out of any alleged libel or copyright infringement committed by you in creating the work.
I can't be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages that arise from this work.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
I. Definitions of Terms
Designing. The act of working out the form of the website for client.
Formatting. A plan for the organization and arrangement of the website elements for client. Does not include the following unless specified:
|• research||• writing original material|
Copy Editing. Editing for grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of style; checking for consistency; clarifying meaning, eliminating jargon, polishing language.Includes incorporating author’s responses to queries and checking the input thereof. Does not include the following unless specified:
|• providing or changing system of citations||• fact checking, citation checking, reference checking|
Proofreading. Checking proofs of formatted, edited material for adherence to design and for minor, mechanical errors in copy (such as spelling mistakes or small deviations from style sheet). Does not include the following unless specified:
• incorporating or exercising discretion on author’s alterations
Drafts. Drafts are to be viewed by the client. Client should email each edit, line by line, to the Designer to ensure that all errors are corrected. Client must ensure that website will work in all major desktop browsers, such as Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. In addition, website will also operate efficiently on browsers meant for mobile devices. Client is encouraged initially view all edits on a desktop to ensure full web functionality then on a mobile device.
II. Website Specifications
1. ___________ [Design Firm] will design and develop a website for ___________ [Client] to provide ___________ [Client] with an online presence and to provide information about ___________ [Client's] company. This website will be using Wix.
2. The Website will have the following pages as Main Menu Categories:
All text and photographs will be provided by, and at the expense of, CLIENT in consultation with DESIGN FIRM.
4. The website will be hosted on Wix at CLIENT’s expense. The domain name(s) that will be connected to this website are the following — ::URLS::. DESIGN FIRM has already registered, or will register, these domain names at CLIENT’s expense.
5. The design process will consist of four phases: Concept Development, Design, Technical, and Testing. In the Concept Development phase, DESIGN FIRM will begin work by outlining the basic flow of the website and gathering the text and images for the website. In the Design phase, DESIGN FIRM will create digital artwork for the outlined webpages and integrate the images and text. In the Technical phase, DESIGN FIRM will enable the website server, domains and add interactive functionality like forms and emails. In the Testing phase, both the DESIGN FIRM and CLIENT will check the entire website to make sure it is operating as expected. This website will work in all major desktop browsers, such as Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. In addition, website will also operate efficiently on browsers meant for mobile devices.
6. CLIENT and DESIGN FIRM will consult no less frequently than the end of each phase of the design process for CLIENT approvals.
7. After completion of the design and development of the website under this Proposal, any future modifications of content or other maintenance of the website will be the responsibility of the CLIENT unless the parties enter into a separate agreement for those services.
This contract may be changed only by written agreement between you and I.
Signed by the parties to this agreement on DATE