Social Policies and Expectations
- Social Event Attendance:
- A member must be completely current on dues and fees to be able to attend formal.
- A member must be on good standing to attend formal.
- Appropriate behavior is expected of all initiated and new members at all functions. Initiated and new members are responsible for the behavior of their guests. A member exhibiting inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave by the Standards Committee or Risk Management Chair. Members will be responsible for cab fare.
- You and your guest/date must go to and from formal on the bus/transportation provided. We as Tri-Delta are liable for both you and your date, so neither one of you can show up late or provide your own transportation.
- Please respect Standards and the Risk Management Chair (as well as the Sober Sisters) with their decisions. We have your best interest at heart and are always ultimately looking out for the safety of our members. Please cooperate if we ask you to leave the event or if we call a cab for you, as we are responsible for making sure you and your date are driven home safely by a sober driver. And understand that you will be held accountable for your actions if they are unbecoming to a member of Tri-Delta.
- If you, your date, or your buddy are asked to leave the event due to inappropriate behavior, you will all be sent home (and will be held responsible for the cab fare)
- No initiated member, new member, or guest under 21 years old will be allowed to consume alcohol at any Tri Delta functions. All use, possessions, and consumption of alcoholic beverages must be in accordance with federal, state and local laws, as well as university/college rules and regulations. A violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action decided upon by the Standards Committee.
- All initiated members, new members and guests must use the designated transportation method to and from the chapter events. If alcohol or other illegal substances are in the possession of a member or guest on the means of transportation or there is a violation of the transportation policy, disciplinary action will result. Any exceptions to this must be presented to the Standards Committee one week prior to the event and approved by the AA.
I have read and understood the Social Policies of the Beta Chapter as pertaining to Formal, and understand that I am held responsible for my own behavior as well as that of my date and buddy.