Have your attorney approve this contract before you actually use with a client.
Your Company Name Here
Phone Number Here
Company Email Here
Today's date Here
Receiver's Name Here
Receiver's Company Here
Receiver's Address Here
Confirmation of Engagement
Job No.: add your own tracking number here if you wish
Project Title/Description: Name your work here Example: ( Website and Social media monthly maintenance )
Schedule: Preliminary Designs: Date Here
Final Design: Date Here
Copyright Usage: The rights granted to Client are for the usage of the Final Design will have to be maintained in its original form only by WebSite Company Name Here. Client may not hire or use a 3rd party to modify the Final Design. License: All other rights to be negotiated separately due to
monthly and weekly maintenance.
Fee: $200.00 monthly X 12 months $300.00 up front fee then $300.00 after signing of contract.
1. Reservation of Rights: All rights not expressly granted above are retained by the Designer. Any use additional to that expressly granted above
requires arrangement for payment of a separate fee.
2. Revisions: Revisions may be made only by the Designer made once a week for revisions, and for additions to project scope.
3. Payment Schedule: $300.00 upon project commencement, $300.00 remaining upon project completion.
4. Payment Terms: Payment due [NET30 On the 1st of each month] days from issuance of invoice. A $35. Late fee per site plus a one and one half (1.5%) monthly service charge will be billed against late payments. Grant of copyright is conditioned upon receipt of final payment, and upon Client's compliance with the terms of this agreement.
5. Cancellation Fees: In the event of Cancellation, Designer will be compensated for services performed through the date of cancelation in the
amount of a prorated portion of the fees due. Upon cancellation all rights to the website revert to the Designer and all original art must be
returned, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
6. Credits and Promotion: A credit line suitable to the design of the pages will be used. Client agrees to pay an additional fifty percent (50%) of
the total fee, excluding expenses, for failure to include credit line. Designer reserves the right to include screen shots of the completed work in
7. Preliminary Works: Designer retains all rights in and to all Preliminary Designs. Client shall return all Preliminary Designs to Designer within
thirty (30) days of completion of the project and all rights in and to any Preliminary Designs shall remain the exclusive property of Designer.
8. Permissions and Releases: The Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Designer harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses,
including attorney's fees, due to materials included in the Design at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy
release was requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
9. Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms can be modified only by a writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize expenses or revisions orally. Any dispute arising out of this agreement will be resolved by negotiation between the parties. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation and/or binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Your State You Do Business In and courts of such state shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
This Agreement must be signed and returned before Designer can schedule or begin this job.
Web Designer Signature
Print Web Designer Name
Print Client Name