Set forth on Date, this agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between My Company, Inc., hereafter known as the “Client,” and Artist's Name, hereafter known as “Illustrator.” The Agreement refers to the work of creating illustrations for company (hereafter referred to as “Work”):
We, the Client and Illustrator agree to the following provisions:
- Illustrator agrees to create the Work, along with any supplemental materials (visual assets, etc.) as requested by Client for said design.
- Payment: Client agrees to pay Illustrator for illustrations in 3 parts per illustration: $0 for a sketch, $0 for a completed black & white painting, and $0 for the final color painting. Greater amounts must be authorized under an agreement replacing this one.
- Duration: This Agreement commences on the day listed above, and continues through Completion date, at which point the Work is expected to be completed to Client’s satisfaction. Extensions may be requested by Illustrator, and granted or denied by the Client. If the Client believes that the Work is not yet satisfactory, the Client may extend the deadline and/or request revisions of the Work.
- Completion: Upon the completion of the Agreement to the Client’s satisfaction, Illustrator agrees to transfer all files, including source, PSDs, etc., for the Work to the Client. Within 15 business days of said transfer of all parts (as described in 2 above), Client will then tender the payment to Illustrator, at which point the copyright of the Work will transfer to the Client. Should the Illustrator not provide the necessary information (tax forms, Paypal or other payment information, this contract, etc.), this deadline will be extended to a month after the necessary information has been provided. The copyright and transfer will include parts of the Work that were done prior to this Agreement.
- Early Completion: At any point prior to the Client’s deadline, Client may end the project, at which point the project will be considered completed and no further work will be done or paid for, but all work done up to that point will be transferred and paid for, per the Completion clause above. If a phase of the Work has not yet been approved by the Client at the time at which the project is ended, Client will pay on pro-rated basis for the part of the work that has been done.
- Client Responsibilities: Client agrees to provide Illustrator with text and images (copy, etc.) needed for the Work to be completed on time and to Client’s satisfaction.
- Rights: Rights, including copyright, ownership, and publishing rights, to this Work belong to the Illustrator until the completion of the project and the transfer of payment, at which point they will transfer to the Client. The Illustrator will, at that point, also have license to use copies of the material for the purposes of promoting Illustrator’s services.
- Severability: If any provision of the Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Jurisdiction: This Agreement is a legal document under the jurisdictions of the courts of the State of New York.
- This Agreement supersedes any agreement made before the signing of this Agreement.
This undersigned consent to all the provisions in this Agreement, effective as of the date at the top.