ARTIST MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into as of the May 13, 2016.
BY AND BETWEEN
A. The Artist wishes to obtain advice, guidance, counsel and direction in the development and
advancement of the Artist's career as musician, recording and performing artist and in such new
and different areas as the Artist's artistic talents can be developed and exploited; and
B. The Manager, by reason of the Manager's contacts, experience, resources and background, is qualified to render such advice, guidance, counsel and direction to Artist;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises herein contained, it is agreed and understood as follows:
Services Of The Manager
1. The Manager agrees to render such advice, guidance, counsel, direction and other services as
the Artist may reasonably require to further the Artist's career as a musician,
and performing artist, and to develop new and different areas within which the Artist's artistic
talents can be developed and exploited, including but not limited to the following services:
a) to represent the Artist and act as the Artist's negotiator, to fix the terms governing all manner of disposition, use, employment or exploitation of the Artist's talents and the products thereof; and
b) to supervise the Artist's professional employment, and on the Artist's behalf to consult with employers and prospective employers so as to assure the proper use and continued demand for the Artist's services;
c) to be available at reasonable times and places to confer with the Artist in connection with all matters concerning the Artist's professional career, business interests, employment and publicity;
d) to exploit the Artist's personality in all media, and in connection therewith, to approve and permit for the purpose of trade, advertising and publicity, the use, dissemination, reproduction or publication of the Artist's name, photographic likeness, facsimile signature, voice and artistic and musical materials; and
e) to engage, discharge and/or direct such theatrical agents, booking agencies and employment agencies, as well as other firms, persons or corporations who may be retained for the purpose of securing contracts, engagements or employment for the Artist; and
f) to represent the Artist in all dealings with any unions; and
g) to exercise all powers granted to the Manager pursuant to Paragraph 4 hereof.
Rights And Authority Of The Manager
2) The Manager is not required to render exclusive services to the Artist or to devote the Manager's entire time or the entire time of any of the Manager's employees to the Artist's affairs. Nothing herein shall be construed as limiting the Manager's right to represent other persons whose talents may be similar to, or who may be in competition with the Artist, or to have and pursue business interests which may be similar to, or may compete with, those of the Artist. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Management shall be available to Artist and shall act as his day-to-day manager. In the event that Manager is not involved in the day-to-day management of Artist for a period of thirty (30) consecutive days, then the Artist may terminate this Agreement, provided Artist provides Manager with five (5) days written notice to cure any breach under this
3) The Artist hereby appoints the Manager as the Artist's sole personal representative, manager and advisor for the term of this agreement and any renewals, in all matters usually and normally within the jurisdiction and authority of personal representatives, managers and advisors, including but not limited to the advice, guidance, counsel and direction specifically referred to in Paragraph 1 hereof. The Artist agrees to seek such advice, guidance, counsel and direction from the Manager exclusively and agrees not to engage any other agent, representative or manager to render similar services, and not to perform said services on the Artist's own behalf, and the Artist will not negotiate, accept or execute any agreement, understanding or undertaking concerning the Artist's career as a musician, recording or performing artist without the Manager's prior consent, which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
a) The Artist hereby appoints the Manager for the term of this agreement and any renewals hereof as the Artist's true and lawful attorney-in-fact to generally to do, execute and perform any other act, deed or thing whatsoever deemed reasonable that ought to be done, executed and performed of any and every nature and kind as fully and effectively as the Artist could do if personally present, including, subject to the limitations set out in this agreement, the following:
(i) to sign, make, execute, accept, endorse, collect and deliver any and all bills of exchange, cheques and notes as the Artist's said attorney;
(ii) to demand, sue for, collect, recover and receive all goods, claims, money, interest and other items that may be due to the Artist or belong to the Artist;
(iii) to make, execute and deliver receipts, releases or other discharges therefore under seal or otherwise and to defend, settle, adjust, compound, submit to arbitration and compromise all actions, suits, accounts, reckonings, claims and demands whatsoever that are or shall be pending in such manner and in all respects;
(iv) to approve and permit any and all publicity and advertising;
(v) to approve and permit the use of my name, photograph, likeness, voice, sound effect, caricature, literary, artistic and musical materials for purposes of advertising and publicity in the promotion and advertising of any and all products and services;
(vi) to execute for the Artist in the Artist's name and/or on the Artists behalf, any and all agreements, documents, and contracts for my services, talents and/or artistic, literary and musical materials, provided that the Artist has been apprised of the material terms thereof and the Artist has granted the Management the authority to execute such agreements in each specific instance.
b) The Artist expressly agrees that the Artist will not on the Artist's own behalf exert any of the powers herein granted to the Manager by the foregoing power of attorney without the express prior consent of the Manager and that all sums and considerations payable to the Artist by reason of the Artist's artistic endeavors shall be paid to the Manager on the Artist's behalf.
c) It is expressly understood that the foregoing power of attorney is limited to matters reasonably related to the Artist's career as a musician, recording and performing artist and such new and different areas within which the Artist's artistic talents can be developed and exploited.
d) All business decisions, major commitments, including, but not limited to recording agreements will be approved with the Artist and executed prior to completion or commitment on any business arrangement or contract with a third party.
4) The Manager shall be entitled to book the Artist and act as the Artist's booking agent on separate terms to be negotiated between the Manager and the Artist and commensurate with terms generally offered by other booking agents in accordance with industry practices. The Manager shall utilize such third party booking agents as the Manager feels are reasonably required to develop and promote the Artist's professional career.
5) The Manager may act as Executive Producer on the Artist's projects on separate terms to be negotiated between the Manager and the Artist and commensurate with terms generally offered by other booking agents in accordance with industry practice.
6) The term of this agreement will be three (3) years as the above-dated agreement. The Artist hereby grants to the Manager two (2) irrevocable consecutive options to extend the term of this agreement for two (2) periods of three (3) years each upon all the terms and conditions thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that Artist has not, during the Initial Period secured a recording agreement with a major label (the "Major Label Agreement") or with a production company or independent label distributed by a major distribution company or a major label in the U.S. Said options shall be exercised automatically unless ninety (90) days prior to the end of the current the then term the Manager gives the Artist written notice to the contrary.
7) As compensation for the services to be rendered hereunder, the Manager shall receive from the Artist 20% of all bookings to be paid before, during, or after the event per the artist if the manager can not be there at the event.
8) Any notice, direction or other instrument required or permitted to be given to the parties shall be in writing and may be given by mailing or delivering the same or by fax or email addressed to the parties as follows:
To the Manager:
To the Artist:
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have properly executed this Agreement as of the day and year first written above.