This is a simple band performance contract for small shows. It includes the all-important free tix, parking, and munchies/water.
Please note the mandatory sound check of Venue's systems -- the Band needs to take the lead in setting that up.
Disputes are settled by inexpensive arbitration. Bands may prefer to use a small claims court in their hometown.
As always, this is just a simple guide template. It does not provide for the specifics of you... show morer situation. Gigs are often highly negotiable -- contracts tend to change and have things added/removed.
See an entertainment attorney near you to have it professionally modified to meet your needs!
BAND PERFORMANCE CONTRACT
This contract (the "Agreement") is made on this day of 10/1/2017 between Q. Edwards (the "Operator") and M3 da Team (the "Band") for the hiring of Band as independent contractors to perform (the "Show") for Operator at Club Nightlife (the "Venue"), located at the address East Street, Sumter SC 29150.
It is agreed as follows:
1. Place, date, and time of Show. The parties agree that the time and place of Show will be Venue, located at the address, on the 14 day of October at 12am.
2. Description of Show. Show will be a musical performance with musical content decided by Band. Show will last of a minimum of 10 minutes.
3. Payment. Compensation for the Show will be Zero dollars, payable by N/A.
4. Cancellation. Cancellation may be made by Operator before two days prior to the time of Show, in which case Operator will provide band with a makeup date for the show but Operator will not have to pay make fee. If Show is cancelled within 2 days of Show, Operator must still meet bands agreement for next show.
5. Band Guest Tickets. Operator will make available to Band 10 complimentary tickets to Show for Band to use at Band's sole discretion.
6. Food and Drink. Operator will provide Band with 2 bottles of alcohol (Hennessy & Rose'), juices, and bottles of water.
7. Parking. Operator will secure sufficient parking for Band's 3 vehicles within a reasonably convenient distance to Venue for a minimum period of 2 hours prior to the show and lasting until 1 hour after the show.
8. Security, Health, and Safety. Operator warrants that Venue will be of sufficient size to safely conduct Show, that Venue is of stable construction and sufficiently protected from weather, and that there will be adequate security and/or emergency medical responders available if foreseeably necessary. Operator maintains sufficient personal injury/property insurance for Venue sufficient to cover foreseeable claims.
9. Indemnification. Operator indemnifies and holds Band harmless for any claims of property damage or bodily injury caused by Show attendees.
10. Interpretation. Agreement will be interpreted according to the laws of South Carolina.
The below-signed Band Representative warrants s/he has authority to enforceably sign this agreement for Band in its entirety. The below signed Operator's Representative warrants s/he has authority to bind Operator and Venue (above).
Signature of Band Representative: ____________________
Band's Representative typed name and title:
Band's typed name: M3 da Team
Operator's Representative Signature: __________________
Operator's Representative typed name and title: Quinton Edwards