This is a Graphic Design Service contract.
GRAPHIC DESIGN CONTRACT
Client Company Name:
Client Company Address:
CONFIRMATION OF ENGAGEMENT
Preliminary Design(s) Due Date: Final Design Due Date:
1. Revisions: Additional fees will be charged for revisions made after 3 preliminary design revisions and
for any additions to project scope.
2. Payment Schedule: 50% of fee upon project commencement, remaining upon project completion.
3. Payment Terms: Payment due 30 days from issuance of invoice. A one and one half (1.5%) monthly
service charge will be billed against late payments. Grant of copyright is conditioned upon receipt of
final payment, and upon client's compliance with the terms of this agreement.
4. Cancellation Fees: In the event of cancellation, (Your Company) will be compensated for services
performed through the date of cancellation in the amount of a prorated portion of the fees due. Upon
cancellation all rights to the work revert to (Your Company) and all original art must be returned,
including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials.
5. Promotion: (Your Company) reserves the right to include images of the completed work in an online portfolio.
6. Preliminary Works: (Your Company) retains all rights in and to all preliminary designs. Client
shall return all preliminary designs to (Your Company) within 30 days of completion of the project
and all rights in and to any preliminary designs shall remain the exclusive property
of (Your Company).
7. Permissions and Releases: The client agrees to indemnify and hold (Your Company) harmless
against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney's fees, due to materials included in
the work at the request of the client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was
requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
8. Miscellaneous: This agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and
personal representatives. This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms
can be modified only by a writing signed by both parties, except that the client may authorize expenses
or revisions orally. Any dispute arising out of this agreement will be resolved by negotiation between
the parties. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation and/ or
binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association. A waiver of a breach of any of the
provisions of this agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the
same or other provisions. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana and
courts of such state shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE SIGNED AND RETURNED BEFORE
(Your Company) CAN SCHEDULE OR BEGIN THIS JOB.
Your Company - Your Company Name
Client Signature: ____________________________________________________
Printed Client Name: