Terms and conditions for artist's performance of live caricature services at client's event. The language is particular to Mr. Smith's business, and some of the finer details would need to be altered to suit the specific requirements of other artists.
From Rich Smith, at http://www.richsmithillustration.com/Contact/we....
These are here to protect both you, the client, and myself, the performer. Please read and take them in the spirit they are intended. I would like to do what I can to ensure you have a successful day. Many thanks.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This contract is to confirm your booking already verbally agreed between the client and the performer.
2. Changes to performance times, start times or venue must be notified to the performer as soon as possible in writing and agreed by both parties. Increases in performance times will incur additional fees to be agreed at the performer's discretion and paid as decided between both parties.
3. The clients' personal details, addresses or contact numbers will not be forwarded to any third parties without their written permission.
4. The performer's personal details, addresses and contact numbers will only be forwarded to third parties for promotional purposes only.
5. The performer will conduct themselves in a responsible and courteous manner. The client reserves the
right to dismiss the performer in the event of unreasonable conduct.
6. In the event of injury, loss, damage or other matters that arise, both the client and the performer will take responsibilty for their own liabilities.
7. In the event of the performer being unable to attend, he will notify the client as soon as possible and will offer a full refund of the deposit paid.
8. In the event of the client having to cancel their proceedings, or unwilling to have the performer appear as requested, the client will be liable to pay a percentage of the full charges as follows:
(a) cancellation within 7 days of the event - 100% agreed fees.
(b) cancellation within 8-28 days of the event - 50% agreed fees.
9. The deposit already paid by the client is non-refundable, regardless of when the client cancel their event.
10. The balance of the agreed fee (charges minus £30 deposit already paid) will be paid to the performer either on the day of the event, or on receipt of an invoice from the performer. This is to be agreed prior to the event.
11. Invoices are to be paid in full by the client within 28 days of the date on the invoice.
12. Unpaid charges or invoices will be pursued; after a fair and reasonable time, if invoices are still not paid, legal action may be taken.
13. Standard bank charges and possible interest will be charged for cheques or other such money orders that are not honoured by the client's bank/building society/other money institution. Rates will be charged at the relevant rates applicable at that time.