This is a collection of simple and relatively generic service contracts for the Design / Development crowd.
Original project is available in GitHub: https://github.com/danielbeardsley/service_cont...
Service Contract for Development
Developer: WARPAINT Media Incorporated
Services: Any task or series of tasks done by the Developer on request from the Client, or as part of fulfilling a request from the Client.
Product: Any code, images, markup, scripts, content created by the Developer while performing Services.
Intangibles: Knowledge about solutions to problems, methods, or designs.
Rate: Services shall be billed to the Client at the rate of $25 CAD per hour.
Payment: The Client shall send payment to the Developer within 14 days of receiving an invoice.
- Late Payment: If a payment is more than 7 days late, no Services will be performed, and no Product will be delivered, until the Developer has received payment.
Billable Time: All time spent performing Services and communicating with the Client is billable.
- Estimations: If an estimate is requested by the Client, the first 30 minutes of time spent preparing the estimate will not be billable. Time spent on an estimate beyond 30 minutes will be billable at the normal rate.
Copyright: Copyright of all Products created while performing Services for the Client will be transferred to the Client upon receipt of payment in full.
- The Developer reserves the right to reuse and re-license portions of the created Product as desired, as long as the portions are general solutions to common problems and are not specific to the Clients product.
- Any portions of the Product whose copyright is withheld by the developer are licensed to the Client for use in the Product under the MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
- The Client will only be billed for portions of the Product which were created during the effective period of this contract and created while performing Services for the Client.
Intangible Property: The Developer retains ownership of all Intangibles gained by the Developer (that are not previously owned by the Client) while providing Services.
Termination: Either party must give at least 4 days notice to the other party before termination. This contract may only be terminated after all outstanding invoices have been paid in full.
Changes: Either party may request to modify the terms of this contract at any time. When both parties consent to new terms and a new contract is signed, this contract is terminated immediately.