Design By Scripts COMMISSIONED ILLUSTRATION
DESIGN BY SCRIPTS COMMISSIONED ILLUSTRATION
OFFER OF CONTRACT
OFFER FOR COMMISSIONED ILLUSTRATION
This contract is an offer by Design By Scripts to ("Commissioner") made on Sep 2, 2015 for one
of our Artist to provide creative work as described below as requested by Commissioner.
1. Work. Commissioner retains Artist to create . Work includes only the final, deliverable art, and
not any preliminary work or sketches.
2. Price and Delivery. The non-refundable flat-fee for Work is . Payment must be made in full
before any work begins. Payment should be made in the method and manner specified by Artist.
Work is to be delivered no later than , but Commissioner agrees that the date of delivery is not
material to this Agreement.
3. Grant of Rights. Artist agrees to the perpetual non-exclusive license of all rights (including,
but not limited to, the right to display, modify, transmit, transfer, sell, and create derivative works)
to Work to Commissioner, excluding only the right to authorship credit, which is retained by
Artist. Artist agrees that Work is produced with the intent it be unique and will not seek to resell or
publish Work, except as noted below.
4. Artist's Right to Authorship Credit. Artist may use Work in Artist's portfolio (including, but
not limited to, any website that displays Artist's works). Commissioner and Artist agree that when
asked, Commissioner must properly identify Artist as the creator of Work. Commissioner does not
have a proactive duty to display Artist's name together with Work, but Commissioner may not seek
to mislead others that Work was created by anyone other than Artist.
5. Commissioner Accepts Artist's Creative Vision. Commissioner agrees that Artist will
complete Work in Artist's creative style at Artist's sole discretion. If Commissioner refuses to
receive Work or demands Work be redone, it is understood and agreed that Commissioner is
cancelling the Agreement, and no fee will be refunded.
6. Cancellation, and Expiration. The fee for Work is non-refundable. If Commissioner
nonetheless does not want or refuses to receive Work, Artist may decide whether or not to
complete Work, and will exclusively retain all right to Work. This Offer automatically expires
upon 48 hours of being made and may not then be accepted. This Offer expires if it is verbally or
through writing (including, but not limited to, by e-mail or text chat) withdrawn by Artist.
7. Limitation of Liability. Commissioner agrees that Artist will not be liable for any damages
(including, but not limited to, incidental or consequential damages), that arise from Artist's
performance of this commission (including, but not limited to, failure to perform in a timely
manner, regardless of whether the failure was intentional or negligent.)
8. Dispute Settled by Arbitration, and Governing Law. Any dispute under or about this
Agreement must be submitted to and resolved by arbitration through the arbitration services
located at Internet URL http://www.net-arb.com. Parties will bear their own costs. Any court
may enforce the arbitration award. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of , in the
country of .
This Offer may be accepted (within 48 hours of being made or if withdrawn, as in Expiration,
above) and be enforced upon the signature of Commissioner (an electronic signature is acceptable).
Commissioner:____________________ (signature), on ________ (date)