Apartment Lease Agreement
Thank you for choosing our home for your vacation. We hope that you have a pleasant stay.
The property is located at:
Street Address6th Street, Unit number
Santa Monica, California, 90403
Your confirmation is as follows:
Check-in date: Check-in Date
Check-out date: Check-out Date
Number of adults: # of adults
Number of children: # of children
Pets: # of pets
Parking Space: Parking Space #
Rent and fees are as follows:
$ __252 (for stays of 30-59 days) or 242 USD (for stays 60 days or longer)_____ per night x _# of nights___ nights = $_TOTAL_USD_______
Plus refundable deposit $ __2,000 for stays 30-59 days, 5,000 for stays 60-90 days, 2 months' rent for stays 90 days or longer.______
TOTAL Due $___TOTAL DUE INCLUDING SECURITY DEPOSIT______
The total payment is due on or before _Check-In Date____________.
*Deposit will be refunded within 7 days after you have vacated the premises. There will be no charges as long as the premises are found in the condition it was delivered and no cleaning services are needed for following guest.
Thanks, and have a great vacation!
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Name of Homeowner or Homeowner's Representative(“Homeowner”) and Name(s) of Guests(“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- Property: The property is located at:_Street Address6th Street, Unit number, Santa Monica, Ca 90403
- Furnishings: The property is furnished and includes 2 sofas, coffee table, 2 flat screen TVs, TV stand, dining table, linens, towels, appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster oven, 2 air conditioning appliances with remotes), 2 beds, dresser, desk, 6 chairs, outdoor sofa, outdoor table and 2 chairs.
- Occupancy: The Premises are for the sole use as a personal residence by the following named person(s) only: Name(s) of Guests Number of adults: # of adults, Number of children: # of children, Pets: # of pets. The Guest will not sublet/airbnb/vrbo/re-rent any part of the Premises, Furnishings or assign this Lease Agreement without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
- Term of the Lease. The lease begins Check-In Date (the “Check-in Date”) and ends Check-out Date(the “Checkout Date”). If the Tenant vacates before the term ends, the Tenant will be liable for the balance of the rent for the remainder of the term. Guest shall vacate the Premises upon termination of the Agreement, unless Homeowner and Guest have extended this Agreement in writing or signed a new agreement.
- Rent Payments: The Tenant will pay a total monthly rent of $Rental Amount. The Tenant shall pay upfront all rent if this agreement term is 60 days or less. For a term greater than 60 days, rent will be payable on the first day of each month directly to the Landlord. If the Tenant tenders a check/transfers funds electronically, which is dishonored by a banking institution, then the Tenant shall only tender cash or cashier's check for all future payments. This shall continue until such time as written consent is obtained from the Landlord. In addition, the Tenant shall be liable in the sum of $175 to the Owner for each check/transfer that does not clear.
- Parking: The Tenant is assigned (1) parking space. Parking space is designated as space # Parking Space #. The Tenant may only park a vehicle that is registered in the Tenants’ name. The Tenant may not assign, sublet, or allow any other person to use this space. This space is exclusively used for the parking of passenger automobiles by the Tenant. No other type of vehicle or item may be stored in this space without prior written consent of the Landlord. The Tenant may not wash, repair, or paint in this space or at any other common area on the premises. Any vehicle that is leaking any substance must not be parked anywhere on the premises.
- Pets and animals: No animal or pet will be kept on the Premises even temporarily.
- Maintenance:The Tenant will
- keep the Premises and Furnishings clean, sanitary, and in good condition and, upon termination of the tenancy, return the Premises and Furnishings to the Landlord in a condition identical to that which existed when the Tenant took occupancy, except for ordinary wear and tear
- immediately notify the manager of the buildings of which the Premises is a part of in person, by office telephone at Condo Office Phone Number, or by emailing Condo Office Email Address, and thereafter the Landlord by cellular telephone at Owner Phone, of any emergencies, dangerous conditions or defects in and about the Premises or Furnishings of which either Tenant becomes aware
- reimburse the Landlord, on demand by the Landlord, for the cost of any repairs to the Premises, Furnishings, or the buildings and its furnishings of which the Premises is a part of, damaged by the Tenant or Tenant’s visitors through misuse or neglect.
- properly use, operate and safeguard Premises, including any landscaping, furniture, furnishings and appliances, and all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures, and smoke alarms, and keep them and the Premises clean, sanitary and well ventilated. Guest shall immediately notify Homeowner, in writing, of any problem, malfunction or damage with any item on the property. Guest shall be charged for all repairs or replacements caused by Guest, pets, guests or licensees of Guest, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Guest shall be charged for all damage to Premises as a result of failure to report a problem in a timely manner. Guest shall be charged for repair of drain blockages or stoppages, unless caused by defective plumbing parts or tree roots invading sewer lines.
- Communication: Both the Landlord and the Tenant are entitled to know each other’s cellular telephone number and e-mail addresses at all times. Each of the Landlord and the Tenant agree to notify each other within 5 days of any change in their respective telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses.
- Rules: Guest has been provided with, and acknowledges receipt of, a copy of the HOA Rules. Guest agrees to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Condo Name, and anyone else Guest permits on the property are to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
- Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
- Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located in the garage.
- No Smoking: Guest will not smoke, nor will their visitors smoke, on the premises as well as within 5 feet of the premises.
- Quiet Enjoyment: The Tenant is entitled to quiet enjoyment of the Premises and Furnishings. The Tenant and her visitors will not use the Premises or Furnishings or any other indoor or outdoor areas of the building property in such a way to: (1) violate any law or ordinance; (2) damage property; or (3) create a nuisance by interfering with the quiet enjoyment of any other resident of the building property.
- Entry: The staff or the building manager may enter the Premises at any time in the event of an emergency. With 24-hours prior notice, the Landlord or Landlord’s agents may enter the Premises at reasonable times and manners to make repairs or improvements, or to show the Premises to prospective buyers or tenants. The Landlord may also enter the Premises to conduct a semi-annual inspection to check for safety or maintenance problems.
- Alterations; Repairs: The Tenant shall not make any alterations to the premises, including but not limited to installing aerials, lighting fixtures, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers or other items without first obtaining written permission from the Landlord. The Tenant shall not change or install locks, paint, or wallpaper said premises without Landlords' prior written consent, the Tenant shall not place placards, signs, or other exhibits in a window or any other place where they can be viewed by other residents or by the general public.
- Insurance: The Tenant may maintain a personal property insurance policy to cover any losses sustained to the Tenants’ personal property and/or vehicle. It is acknowledged that the Landlord does not maintain insurance to cover personal property damage or loss caused by fire, theft, rain, water overflow/leakage, acts of GOD, and/or any other causes.
It is acknowledged that the Landlord is not liable for these occurrences. It is acknowledged that the Tenants’ insurance policy shall solely indemnify the Tenant for any losses sustained. Tenants’ failure to maintain said policy shall be a complete waiver of the Tenants’ right to seek damages against the Landlord for the above stated losses. The parties acknowledge that the premises are not to be considered a security building which would hold the Landlord to a higher degree of care.
The Landlord's failure to require compliance with the conditions of this agreement, or to exercise any right provided herein, shall not be deemed a waiver by the Landlord of such condition or right. The Landlord's acceptance of rent with knowledge of any default under agreement by the Tenants shall not be deemed a waiver of such default, nor shall it limit the Landlord's rights with respect to that or any subsequent right.
In the event action is brought by any party to enforce any terms of this agreement or to recover possession of the premises, the prevailing party shall recover from the other party reasonable attorney fees.
It is acknowledged, between the parties that jury trials significantly increase the costs of any litigation between the parties. It is also acknowledged that jury trials require a longer length of time to adjudicate the controversy. On this basis, all parties waive their rights to have any matter settled by jury trial.
If any portion of this Lease Agreement is held to be invalid, its invalidity will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Lease Agreement.
The failure of Tenant or Tenant’s visitors to comply with any term of this Lease Agreement to the detriment of the Landlord, or the misrepresentation of any material fact on Tenants’ Rental Application, is grounds for termination of the tenancy, with appropriate notice to the Tenants and procedures as required by law, including that the Landlord can cancel the remainder of the Lease Agreement and the Tenants will be liable for the balance of the rent for the remainder of the term.
Name: Name of Occupant 1
Date of Birth: Date of Birth of Occupant 1
Home Address: Home Address of Occupant 1
Work Address: Work Address of Occupant 1
Phone Numbers: Phone Numbers of Occupant 1
E-mail Address: E-mail Address of Occupant 1
Nationality: Nationality of Occupant 1
Emergency Contact: Emergency Contact Number & Email for Occupant 1
Name: Name of Occupant 2
Date of Birth: Date of Birth of Occupant 2
Home Address: Home Address of Occupant 2
Work Address: Work Address of Occupant 2
Phone Number: Phone Numbers of Occupant 2
E-mail Address: E-mail Address of Occupant 2
Nationality: Nationality of Occupant 2
Emergency Contact: Emergency Contact Number & Email for Occupant 2