A standard consulting agreement which includes terms and clauses.
CONSULTING AGREEMENT (for Services)
Effective Date (“Effective Date”), Consultant Name (“Consultant”) and Company (“Company”) agree (this “Agreement”) as follows:
1. Services and Payment. Consultant agrees to undertake and complete the Services (as defined in Exhibit A) in accordance with and on the schedule specified in Exhibit A. As the only consideration due Consultant regarding the subject matter of this Agreement, Company will pay Consultant in accordance with Exhibit A.
2. Warranty. Consultant warrants that: (i) the Services will be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner and that none of such Services or any part of this Agreement is or will be inconsistent with any obligation Consultant may have to others; (ii) all work under this Agreement shall be Consultant’s original work and none of the Services or Inventions or any development, use, production, distribution or exploitation thereof will infringe, misappropriate or violate any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity (including, without limitation, Consultant); (iii) Consultant has the full right to provide the Company with the assignments and rights provided for herein; (iv) Consultant shall comply with all applicable laws and Company safety rules in the course of performing the Services and (v) if Consultant’s work requires a license, Consultant has obtained that license and the license is in full force and effect.
3. Termination.If either party materially breaches a material provision of this Agreement, the other party may terminate this Agreement upon five (5) days written notice unless the breach is cured within the notice period. Company also may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, upon ten (10) days’ notice, but, if (and only if) without cause, Company shall upon termination pay Consultant all unpaid and undisputed amounts due for Services completed prior to notice of termination. Sections 2 (subject to the limitations on Section 2.3 stated therein) through 8 of this Agreement and any remedies for breach of this Agreement shall survive any termination or expiration. Company may not communicate such obligations to any other (or potential) client or employer of Consultant.
4. Relationship of the Parties.Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all purposes of this Agreement each party shall be and act as an independent contractor and not a partner, joint venturer, or agent of the other and shall not bind nor attempt to bind the other to any contract. Consultant is an independent contractor and is solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, and other statutory or contractual obligations of any sort, including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation insurance. Consultant agrees to indemnify, defend and save Company harmless from any and all claims and threatened claims by any third party, including employees of either party, arising out of, under or in connection with:
5. Assignment.This Agreement and the services contemplated hereunder are personal to Consultant and Consultant shall not have the right or ability to assign, transfer, or subcontract any obligations under this Agreement without the written consent of Company. Any attempt to do so shall be void.
7. Notice.All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing, and shall be deemed given when personally delivered, sent by confirmed telecopy or other electronic means, or three (3) days after being sent by prepaid certified or registered U.S. mail to the address of the party to be noticed as set forth herein or such other address as such party last provided to the other by written notice.
8. Miscellaneous.The failure of either party to enforce its rights under this Agreement at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights. No changes or modifications or waivers to this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be determined to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Californiawithout regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any legal action or proceeding relating to this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in San Diego County, California, and each party consents to the jurisdiction thereof.In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. Headings herein are for convenience of reference only and shall in no way affect interpretation of the Agreement.Any breach or threatened breach of Sections 2, 3 or 6 this Agreement will cause irreparable harm to the Company for which damages would not be an adequate remedy, and, therefore, the Company is entitled to injunctive relief with respect thereto (without the necessity of posting any bond) in addition to any other remedies. This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written or oral, concerning the subject matter described herein.
Services & Fees
Add description of services consultant will perform
The term will continue until the Services are completed or the Agreement is terminated under Section 3, whichever occurs first.
Flat fee of $Flat Fee Amount for initial assessment
Hourly fee of $Hourly Fee Amount for work done over initial assessment
Monthly fee of $Monthly Fee Amount if continual maintenace is required
Payable 30 days after timely completion of the following milestones prior to termination:
Describe milestones for this project
Limited to required, reasonable telephone expenses, coach class (or equivalent) transportation, lodging and meals that have been authorized in writing by Company in advance; payable 30 days after receipt of itemized invoice.