FMBF Terms Of Service. Distributed under Creative Commons Share-Alike license. Derived from Wordpress TOS: http://en.wordpress.com/tos
Terms of Service
We (the folks at FMBF.org - ForMyBestFriends) run a blog and web site hosting service called FMBF.org and would love for you to use it. This Terms of Service applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by FMBF.org: My Place, My Movie, My Book, My Music and others. Our basic service is free, and we offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as domain hosting, extra storage and publication on the Sets-Store.com. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your site as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your site or get linked to from your site (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
You can check our the Sets-Store on types of blogs to get a sense of the types of content that are welcome on our service (or not!). If you find a content page on FMBF.org site that you believe violates our terms of service, please check our complaints page.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by FMBF, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your FMBF.org Account and Site. If you create a blog on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and FMBF may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause FMBF liability. You must immediately notify FMBF of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. FMBF will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or Service. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or Service other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by FMBF or otherwise.
By submitting Content to FMBF for inclusion on your Website, you grant FMBF a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, FMBF will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, FMBF has the right (though not the obligation) to, in FMBF’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in FMBF’s reasonable opinion, violates any FMBF policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in FMBF’s sole discretion. FMBF will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional paid services such as extra storage, domain purchases, or VIP hosting are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay FMBF the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service (additional payment terms specifically for VIP services are described below). Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify FMBF before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your site’s dashboard.
- General Terms.
- VIP Services.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a VIP Services account you agree to pay FMBF the setup fees and monthly hosting fees indicated at http://www.fmbf.org/vip-hosting/ in exchange for the services listed at http://www.fmbf.org/vip-hosting/. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your VIP Services are established and in advance of using such services. FMBF reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. VIP Services can be canceled by you at anytime on 30 days written notice to FMBF.
- Support. VIP Services include access to priority email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by FMBF to respond within three business days) concerning the use of the VIP Services. “Priority” means that support for VIP Services customers takes priority over support for users of the standard, freeFMBF.org blogging services. All VIP Services support will be provided in accordance with FMBF standard VIP Services practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. FMBF has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, FMBF does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. FMBF disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to whichFMBF.org links, and that link toFMBF.org. FMBF does not have any control over those non-FMBF websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-FMBF website or webpage, FMBF does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. FMBF disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-FMBF websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As FMBF asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to byFMBF.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify FMBF in accordance with Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. FMBF will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. FMBF will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of FMBF or others. In the case of such termination, FMBF will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to FMBF.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from FMBF to you any FMBF or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with FMBF. FMBF, FMBF.org, the FMBF.org logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection withFMBF.org, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of FMBF or FMBF’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any FMBF or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. FMBF reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an Ad-free Upgrade or a VIP Services account.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. FMBF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. FMBF may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. FMBF may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your FMBF.org account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a VIP Services account, such account can only be terminated by FMBF if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from FMBF’s notice to you thereof; provided that, FMBF can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, FMBFship provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. FMBF and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither FMBF nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will FMBF, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to FMBF under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. FMBF shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FMBF, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between FMBF and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of FMBF, or by the posting by FMBF of a revised version.