This is a very basic, plain language, sublease agreement for a residential condo. It is subject to the Master Residential Lease Agreement.
Parties. This Sublease Agreement is made between Sublandlord, as the "Sublandlord”, and Subtenant, as the "Subtenant," together referred to as the "Parties."
Property Address. The Sublease is for a portion of the Sublandlord’s interest in the premises located at Rental Address (the "Premises") on the following terms:
- Lease Term. The Sublease will be for a term beginning on Start Date and ending on End Date.
- Subtenant’s Interest in the Premises. Subtenant is one of Number of Tenants total tenants (the "Tenants") jointly and severably occupying the Premises. Subtenant will not share a bedroom at the Premises. Subtenant may share all of the common spaces (e.g., living room, dining room, kitchen, balcony) in the Premises equally with the other Tenants.
3.1. Rent Amount. Subtenant will pay a total monthly rent of $Rental Amount. Rent will be payable on the first day of each month directly to the Sublandlord.
3.2. Rent Payment. Rent may be paid by check, wire transfer or Bank of America transfer direct from a bank account. Rent paid via check shall be mailed to the Sublandlord at the below address. For rent that is mailed to the Sublandlord, the postmark date of the letter is the date of payment.
Bank Name: Bank Name
Routing #: Routing #
Account #: Account #
3.3. Late Rent. A late charge of $50 will be incurred if rent is not paid when due. Sublandlord will have all rights of the Master Landlord with respect to eviction if late rent is not paid.
- Security Deposit. A security deposit equal to $Dollar Amount shall be given to Sublandlord prior to the lease start date in order to hold the Premises before Subtenants arrival and ensure that no damage is incurred in the duration of Subtenants occupation. The deposit will be returned within one week of Subtenants end of occupation if no damages are incurred.
- Condition of the Premises. Subtenant acknowledges that they will examine the Premises and report to the Sublandlord with photo documentation any problems within 24 hours of receipt of the keys. Upon the termination of this Sublease Agreement for any cause, Subtenant will leave the Premises in their original good condition, except for reasonable wear and tear. Subtenant is responsible for the repair of any damage resulting from the act or neglect of Subtenant or their guests.
- Utilities. Subtenant is not responsible for paying utilities including electric, internet, trash and water.
- Parking. A permanent, physical parking place is not included in the monthly rent. If the subtenant chooses to have a parking pass in the Richardson St. Parking Garage, $80 per month will be added to Subtenants monthly rent.
- Smoking. Smoking is not permitted in the Premises.
- Pets. No pets of any kind are permitted.
- Subleasing and Assignment. Subtenant may not sublease, or assign the Premises.
- Noise and Disruptive Activities. Subtenants or their guests shall not disturb, endanger or inconvienence other tenants of the building, nor violate any law, nor commit or permit waste or nusiance in or about the Premises. Subtenants shall not do or keep anything in or about the premises that will obstruct the public spaces available to other residents.
- Termination Notice. Subtenant’s tenancy will terminate on the date specified in Section 1 above, unless Sublandord and Subtenant sign another written agreement prior to the end of tenancy providing for an additional period of tenancy.
- The Master Lease. This Sublease is subject and subordinate to the Master Lease. It is the intent of the Parties to incorporate the terms of the Master Lease into this Sublease by reference except as otherwise specifcially provided herein. Where there is a material conflict between terms of the Master Lease and this Sublease, the Master Lease will govern.
- Termination of Master Lease. Sublandlord will provide (30) days’ notice to Subtenant if the Master Lease is terminated. Subtenant agrees that if the Master Lease is terminated for any reason, this Sublease Agreement will terminate as of the same date.
- Complete and Binding Agreement. All preliminary negotiations between the Parties are merged into and superseded by the terms of this Sublease. This Sublease will not be enforceable until signed by both Subtenant and Sublandlord. Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing, signed by both Sublandlord and Subtenant.
We, the Undersigned, agree to the above stated terms.