This is an agreement about interns with Epicodus.
This agreement is between Company ("your company"), Epicodus, Inc. ("Epicodus"), and any Epicodus students who intern with your company under this agreement ("interns").
- Purpose: For the last month of class, Epicodus facilitates internships with local companies like yours. It's a chance for our students to gain real-world experience, and for your company to get assistance from our students.
- Relationships: Epicodus and your company are and will remain two independent contractors. The students are not employees of your company, but rather are students fulfilling an academic requirement of Epicodus. To the extent legally allowed, neither your company nor Epicodus is required to provide workers' compensation coverage for the interns.
- Term: The term of this agreement is from October 6 through November 7, 2014.
- Termination: If at any point your company isn't happy with the interns' performance, please talk to us about it! That said, at any time, Epicodus or your company can end this agreement by giving written notice (including by email) to the other party. Even when this agreement ends, the Limitation of liability section will continue to apply indefinitely.
- Your company's responsibilities: Your company will provide a learning experience for the interns, in which the interns will spend at least 30 hours each week writing code, and will have an experienced developer as a mentor who will guide them and answer their questions.
- Limitation of liability. Epicodus and the interns are providing this internship program to your company at no charge. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by law, neither Epicodus nor your interns will be liable for any losses your company incurs from the interns.
- Legal compliance: Your company will comply with all applicable laws, including (but not limited to) those governing salaries for interns.
- General provisions: If we have a disagreement, the laws of the State of Oregon will apply, except for conflict of laws rules, and if necessary, we will litigate in Multnomah County, Oregon. If it turns out part of this agreement isn’t enforceable, we will remove that part, and it will not affect the rest of the agreement. This agreement is the entire agreement between Epicodus and your company, completely replaces any previous agreements, and may only be changed by a written agreement signed by both of us.