This is an agreement about interns with Epicodus.
This agreement is between Company ("your company"), Epicodus, Inc. ("Epicodus"), and any Epicodus students who intern with your company ("your interns").
- Purpose: For the last month of class, Epicodus facilitates internships with local companies like yours. It's a chance for our students to gain real-world experience, and for your company to get assistance from our students.
- Relationships: Epicodus and your company are and will remain two independent contractors. Your students are not employees of your company, but rather are students fulfilling an academic requirement of Epicodus. To the extent legally allowed, neither your company nor Epicodus is required to provide workers' compensation coverage.
- Term: The term of this agreement is from May 12 through June 6, 2014.
- Termination: If at any point your company isn't happy with your interns' performance, please talk to us about it! That said, at any time, Epicodus or your company can end this agreement by giving written notice (including by email) to the other party.
- Your company's responsibilities: Your company will provide a learning experience for your interns, in which your interns will spend at least 30 hours each week writing code, and will have an experienced developer as a mentor who will guide them and answer their questions.
- Limitations on Epicodus's and your interns' liability. Epicodus and your interns are providing this internship program to your company at no charge. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by law, neither Epicodus nor your interns will be liable for any losses your company incurs from your interns.
- Legal compliance: Your company will comply with all applicable laws, including those governing salaries for interns.
- General provisions: If we have a disagreement, the laws of the State of Oregon will apply, except for conflict of laws rules, and we will litigate in Multnomah County, Oregon. If it turns out part of this agreement isn’t enforceable, we will remove that part, and it will not affect the rest of the agreement. This agreement is the entire agreement between us and completely replaces any previous agreements.