This is a website maintenance agreement for client-owned properties.
This agreement is between Company/Developer and Client/company, the Client.
Client is retaining Company/Developer as a provider of website management services. Client agrees to the charge of $50 per month in exchange for Services Included in This Agreement. Services not considered “standard website management” are subject to be charged at a regular hourly rate of $90; such services are not included in this contract.
Services Included in This Agreement
- Edit, revise, update or create new text content.
- Create minor graphic elements
- Consultation on use of website’s Content Management System (“CMS”) (WordPress).
- On-page Search Engine Optimization (“SEO”).
- Regular monitoring and updating of CMS, associated assets, and website links.
- Ensuring compatibility of updates with current website layout.*
- Monthly website and database backups.
- Monitoring website downtime
- Monthly analytics reports
- Liaising with the hosting company to sort out the situation as quickly as possible.
*Regular software updates contribute to website security. Some website assets (e.g. WordPress plugins or themes) may become incompatible with those updates, requiring work not included here to maintain compatibility if desired/needed. Company/Developer will notify the Client in advance of such updates.
Services Excluded in This Agreement
- Graphic / User Interface Design
- Website Code Development
- Code editing equalling more than 50% change to given document or web page.
- CMS design or integration including but not limited to blogs, shopping carts and web forums.
Company/Developer shall provide Client with Services Included in This Agreement on a month-to-month basis. The contract will be paid on a Monthly Basis with payment due upon receipt of invoice sent at the beginning of each month.
During the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that Company/Developer will be the sole provider of management services for the web site, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party other than Company/Developer makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged for at the hourly rate specified above. Minor updates should not exceed more than 50% of the content on any single site page, THE PERCENTAGE TO BE DETERMINED BY COMPANY/DEVELOPER.
Deadlines & Deliverables
Company/Developer will respond to all management requests from Client within 48 hours on during normal business days, via email or phone, with a confirmation that the request was received, and an estimated completion date for each action item in the request.
Company/Developer will adhere to quoted deadlines for deliverables in the management requests at all possible costs. In the event that Company/Developer has any issues in delivering on a quoted deadline, Client will be notified via email or telephone with an explanation for any delays.
Any revisions, additions, or redesign requests not specified in this document shall be considered “additional” and will require separate agreement and payment. Company/Developer shall advise Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
Client hereby authorizes Company/Developer to access their web hosting account, providing active user name / password combinations for access to the server via FTP, assuring that 'write permissions' are in place on said hosting provider.
Signing this document confirms your agreement to the terms of this “Standard Agreement for Website Management — Client Properties”.