- The kinds of information we collect;
- Our information sharing practices;
- Customer Preferences and Opt-Out Choices; and
- How you may access some of the information you provide to us.
We encourage you to refer to this notice periodically so that you understand our current privacy practices.If you have any questions about this notice, please contact our Customer Service department: Bloomingdale's Customer Service ATTN: Privacy Office P.O. Box 8215 Mason, OH 45040Your access of and use of our Web site means you agree to the terms in this notice of privacy practices and our Information We CollectWe collect information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you, information we collect when you visit our Web site or stores, and information we collect about you from third party sources.The following are examples of the types of information we may collect:Legal Notice
- Information you provide: name, address (billing and shipping), e-mail address, telephone number (s), mobile number(s), credit card number (s), birth date, password and etc.;
- Information associated with use of our Web site: bloomingdales.com uses the information gathered from cookies and web beacons, such as IP address, to enhance your experience on our Web site;
- Information associated with doing business with Bloomingdale's: transaction information, including the items purchased, and the date and time of your transaction;
- Information from third party sources: we may receive your updated shipping information from a third party carrier.
How We Use InformationWe may use the information we collect to process a transaction, to provide the products or services you request, to improve our Web site and stores, to enhance your shopping experience, and for marketing and promotional purposes. We may combine information about you that we collect online, in our stores, via mobile devices (including mobile applications), and from third party sources.Cookies on bloomingdales.comA cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is stored on your hard disk by your computer's browser. A web beacon is an image on a Web site that monitors a Web site's activity.At bloomingdales.com, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Persistent cookies last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser.Managing cookie preferences differs from browser to browser so please refer to your browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies and web beacons from bloomingdales.com, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies from our Web site. If you block cookies from bloomingdales.com, you will not be able to make purchases on our Web site.Information SharingWe may share your information within Macy's, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (including Macy's). We also may share your information with third parties with whom we have a relationship (to opt-out of third party sharing please clickhere). For example:Internally
- When you make a purchase, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies necessary to process your transaction.
- We may share your information with third parties so that they can directly market their products or services to you if we feel that these products or services may be of interest to you.
CoremetricsWe work with a third party company, Coremetrics, to assist us in better understanding how people use our Web site. The information that we collect through these cookies tells us things like which search engine referred you, how you navigated around our Web site, what you purchased, and how banner ads and e-mails direct web traffic to our Web site.Coremetrics analyzes the information it collects from bloomingdales.com and returns it to us through an encrypted connection. We do not share credit card or password information with Coremetrics.
Customer Preferences and Opt-Out ChoicesE-mail: To opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing e-mails from bloomingdales.com, you may:
- unsubscribe by signing into your account on bloomingdales.com, clicking on my profile and indicating your opt-out preference,
- use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail sent by bloomingdales.com,
- contact us by regular mail at Bloomingdale's Customer Service, Attn: Privacy Office, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, OH 45040, or
- contact Customer Service at 1-888-922-7026
Note: It may take up to 10 business days to process your request.My Customer Survey Emails:We separately may send surveys, via e-mail, to our customers in order to collect opinions and feedback about their shopping experiences. To opt-out of receiving survey e- mails from Bloomingdale's, you may use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any survey e-mail.Clienteling:Customers who have a one-to-one relationship with a Bloomingdale's sales associate and no longer wish to receive e-mails from that associate may contact the associate directly and opt-out of receiving those e-mails.Mobile Marketing: To opt-out of mobile marketing, you may:
- reply STOP to any Bloomingdale's text message on your mobile phone/wireless device,
- contact Customer Service at 1-888-922-7026
- contact us by regular mail at Bloomingdale's Customer Service, Attn: Privacy Office, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, OH 45040
Note: Please allow 3-5 business days after contacting us to process your request. We do not share your mobile number with any third parties for marketing purposes.Direct Mail or Telemarketing: To opt-out of receiving direct mail or telemarketing calls, you may:
- contact Customer Service at 1-888-922-7026
- contact us by regular mail at Bloomingdale's Customer Service, Attn: Privacy Office, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, OH 45040. If you choose to write us, please include your name, address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Bloomingdale's proprietary or American Express co-brand credit card account number (if you have one), and state one of the following:
- "NO MAIL OFFERS" (if you do not want to receive offers by mail);
- "NO PHONE OFFERS" (if you do not want to receive offers by phone); or
- "NO PHONE OR MAIL OFFERS" (if you do not want to receive either)
Note: Because listings often are prepared well in advance of an offering (12 - 16 weeks, in many cases) you may continue to receive some offers after you send us your request.Third Party Sharing: If you prefer that we not disclose your information to third parties for marketing purposes, you can:
- Contact us by regular mail at Bloomingdale's Customer Service, Attn: Privacy Office, P.O. Box 8215, Mason, OH 45040. If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address and the last four digits of your Bloomingdale's proprietary or American Express co-brand credit card account number (if you have one) and state "NO THIRD PARTY SHARING" in your request, or
- Contact Customer Service at 1-888-922-7026,
Online Behavioral Advertising: Online behavioral advertising uses information about you to provide relevant, targeted advertising of interest to you. Please clickherefor additional information on online behavioral advertising. If you would like to opt-out of online behavioral advertising, please clickhere. Please note that you will be opted out of all online behavioral advertising from all business members of the Network Advertising Initiative. If you opt-out, you may continue to see or receive advertising from bloomingdales.com, however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.Coremetrics: As a bloomingdales.com user, you may choose to opt-out of Coremetrics' analysis of your browsing and purchasing behavior on our Web site or you may choose to allow Coremetrics to analyze your behavior anonymously. Please click here to about the various levels of privacy and confidentiality you can select, with respect to Coremetrics, on our site and to exercise your opt-out choices.Access Your InformationIf you are a registered user of bloomingdales.com, you can update your information inMy Account.If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online inMy Order. If you have any additional questions, please call our Customer Service department at 1-888-922-7026.If you are an international customer and want access to your information, please clickhere.Information Securitylearn more
Please refer to the Security Policy for additional details.
Information About Children Under 13The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on Web sites that collect personal information about children under 13 (for example - name, address, e-mail address, social security number etc.) Our policy is not to collect personal information on any person under 13. For this reason, our online sweepstakes, e-mail and mobile sign-ups are restricted to entrants who are at least 13.If this policy changes, bloomingdales.com will revise this portion of its notice of privacy practices and will comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which includes providing notice and choice to each child's parent or guardian before collecting any personal information.Your California Privacy RightsUnder California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such personal information. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Bloomingdale's Customer Service, P.O. Box 8067, Mason, OH 45040. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your Bloomingdale's California Privacy Rights Notice ". Please allow 30 days for a response.International Customer PrivacyTo fill international orders, bloomingdales.com partners with Borderfree, Inc. ("Borderfree"). Borderfree will carefully process your personal information, with at least the same level of privacy protection set forth in theand theand as established by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Borderfree also agrees not to sell, transfer, or otherwise use your information other than for processing international shipments.When you indicate you are shipping internationally, you will be redirected to a checkout page hosted by Borderfr. On the checkout page you will be required to submit personal information to Borderfree to complete your order. Once you place your order, you will be prompted to confirm whether you would like to receive future marketing communication from bloomingdales.com.Borderfree will notify bloomingdales.com of the approval of your order, and bloomingdales.com will then ship approved orders to Borderfree. Simultaneously, Borderfree will purchase the product from us, which allows them to take title to the product(s), bill your credit card, collect and remit any duties and taxes to the appropriate taxing authority and arrange for the product to be delivered to you. In this process, Borderfree makes the sale to you as the merchant of record. When ordering a product, you will be presented with Borderfree's terms and conditions. You must agree to them to receive the product(s) you ordered.Once you have agreed that Borderfree may share your personal information with bloomingdales.com, that data is protected by this notice of privacy practices and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.We adhere to both the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. We have certified to the U.S. Department of Commerce, Switzerland, and the European Union that our processing of personal data is in compliance with these principles and we perform periodic self-assessments to verify ongoing compliance.Bloomingdales.com is committed to resolving any customer concerns regarding their privacy. If a customer feels that their privacy may have been violated, based on the Safe Harbor Principles, bloomingdales.com will attempt to directly resolve the complaint. Any complaints that are still unresolved after these direct efforts will be settled by arbitration administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in accordance with its applicable commercial rules.International Centre for Dispute ResolutionA Division of the American Arbitration Association1101 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 100Voorhees, NJ 08043Phone: 856-435-6401Email box:[email protected] shipping internationally who wish to contact bloomingdales.com tothe U.S. - EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
- inquire about or update their personal information;
- make a complaint about the collection or use of their personal information; or
Please email us [email protected]