This is an agreement through which a photographer gives a license for nonelectronic rights for a work belonging to the photographer to a client for use as specified. Also available online at: http://www.atdlines.com/form25.htm.Edit Summary
Agreement, entered into as of February 22, between Emma Norland (Boday Project Contact), located at (NA) (hereinafter referred to as the "Client") and Everett Fitzpatrick, located at NA (hereinafter referred to as the "Photographer") with respect to the licensing of certain nonelectronic rights in the Photographer's photograph(s) (hereinafter referred to as the "Work").
1. Description of Work. The Client wishes to license certain nonelectronic rights in the Work which the Photographer has created and which is described as follows:
Title: Body Project
Number of images: 8
Subject matter: Portraits of the participants for Cal Poly's Body Project campaign.
Form in which work shall be delivered: Digital
2. Delivery Date. The Photographer agrees to deliver the Work within By March 22nd days after the signing of this Agreement.
3. Grant of Rights. Photographer grants to the Client the following rights in the Work:
For use as publicity for Cal Poly's Body Project in the likes of advertising on social media or print in San Luis Obispo.
For the product or publication named
In the following territory:
For the following time period:
With respect to the usage shown above, the Client shall have nonexclusive rights unless specified to the contrary here.
If the Work is for use as a contribution to a magazine, the grant of rights shall be for one time North American serial rights only unless specified to the contrary above.
4. Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved to the Photographer, including but not limited to all rights in preliminary materials and all electronic rights. For purposes of this agreement, electronic rights are defined as rights in the digitized form of works that can be encoded, stored, and retrieved from such media as hard drive.
5. Fee. Client agrees to pay the following: No Fee for the usage rights granted.
If client hopes to use photos out side of Cal Poly's sector of the Body Project, they must contact the creator (Everett Fitzpatrick) to adjust this use agreement.
6. Additional Usage. If Client wishes to make any additional uses of the Work, Client agrees to seek permission from the Photographer and make such payments as are agreed to between the parties at that time.
7. Alteration. Client shall is allowed to make and permit any alterations, whether by adding or removing material from the Work, without the permission of the Photographer. Alterations shall be deemed to include the addition of any illustrations, photographs, sound, text, or computerized effects.
8. Payment. Client agrees to pay the Photographer within thirty days of the date of Photographer's billing, which shall be dated as of the date of delivery of the Work. Overdue payments shall be subject to interest charges of percent monthly. (NA)
9. Loss, Theft, or Damage. The ownership of the Work shall remain with the Photographer. Client agrees to assume full responsibility and be strictly liable as an insurer for loss, theft, or damage to the Work and to insure the Work fully from the time of shipment from the Photographer to the Client until the time of return receipt by the Photographer. Client further agrees to return all of the Work at its own expense by registered mail or bonded courier which provides proof of receipt. Reimbursement for loss, theft, or damage to any Work shall be in the following amount: . Both Client and Photographer agree that these specified value(s) represent the fair and reasonable value of the Work.
10. Copyright Notice. Copyright notice in the name of the Photographer shall or shall not accompany the Work when it is reproduced.
11. Credit. Credit in the name of the Photographer shall or shall not accompany the Work when it is reproduced. If the Work is used as a contribution to a magazine or for a book, credit shall be given unless specified to the contrary in the preceding sentence.
12. Releases. The Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Photographer against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney's fees, due to uses for which no release was requested, uses which exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a release, or uses based on alterations not allowed pursuant to Paragraph 7.
13. Miscellany. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties. Its terms can be modified only by an instrument in writing signed by both parties, except that the Client may authorize expenses or revisions orally. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions hereof. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
In Witness Whereof, the parties hereto have signed this Agreement as of the date first set forth above.