This is a Statement of Work example for web development projects. You will need to edit the text of the document with your specific requirements.
Statement of Work for Web Development
This Agreement ("Agreement") is made as of Mar 28, 2017, by PROVIDER located at PROVIDER ADDRESS, and CLIENT ("Client"), located at CLIENT ADDRESS.
This project involves the design and development of a web site for use by CLIENT. This project will follow the timeline outlined below and does not include ongoing maintenance of the site outside of what may be stated in the scope.
This SOW covers the following activities and deliverables.
- Theme Design and Development: At the onset of this project, a maximum of 4 hours of time will be included in order to collaborate with you on the design and theme of the site, often including wireframing, choosing a color palette, and exchanging your media that will be used for the site. The theme decided on during the onset of this project will be the basis for the design of the website. The theme will be built with the Bootstrap v4 alpha6 frontend framework. There will be a period of revisions, and development will start once you have signed off on the design. Once development has started, only minor changes can be made without affecting the scope of the project.
- Integrations Discovery: PROVIDER will consult with you to discover various means for achieving the integrations requested, and will spend time researching and developing the integrations requested with best practices and modern security standards.
- Host and Domain Setup: If hosting is required, PROVIDER will source and set up hosting for the requested domain. Maintenance and ownership of the account will fall to CLIENT at the conclusion of the project, and CLIENT will maintain ownership of the registered domain name used for the project.
- SSL Certificates: With your security in mind, all projects developed by PROVIDER will require the use of a modern SSL Certificate authorized by a recognized Certificate Authority. All pages and traffic on your site will be encrypted with this SSL Certificate. You can purchase one, if you don’t already have one, through your domain name registrar or other similar service, or we can purchase one for you and include it in your quote. Just like a domain name, SSL Certificates must be renewed and updated annually. It is your responsibility to renew and update your SSL certificate unless we agree otherwise in an ongoing Service Agreement.
- Installation and Setup: PROVIDER will install and set up the project on the host mentioned above so that CLIENT is able to maintain the site.
- The pages for the site will include:
- List and description of web app pages
- The features of the site will include:
- List and description of web app features
- Browser Testing: PROVIDER will test the site to make sure it works with modern desktop web browsers. PROVIDER will also test to make sure that the site does not break when viewed on mobile devices.
Account and login information for host and website. A backup copy of the files associated with the site. A reference document outlining how to make updates to the site along with a link to online resources. 1 hour of in person training on entering and updating information on the site.
Estimated Completion Date – April 18th, 2017 Sign Contract – March 31st, 2017 Finalize Design – April 3rd, 2017 Client Provides their Media and Content – April 3rd, 2017 Basic Theme Complete and Staging Site Deployed – April 10th, 2017 Deploy to Production Host – April 17th, 2017 Client Sign Off and Receipt of Deliverables – April 18th, 2017
*This schedule is just an estimate and makes some assumptions regarding the complexity of requests in the Theme Designing phase, as well as the complexity of integrations requested.
This agreement is based on the following assumptions:
- You have provided PROVIDER with a complete list of your requirements for the website.
- You will provide PROVIDER all necessary account information for existing accounts to be utilized or integrated in this project, including but not limited to, your domain name registrar if you already have a domain name, and third party services necessary for requested integrations.
The CLIENT below verifies that the terms of this Statement of Work are acceptable. The parties hereto are each acting with proper authority by their respective organizations.
Signed by and on behalf of PROVIDER
Signed by and on behalf of CLIENT
Everyone should sign above and keep a copy for their records.