Home & Summary
- We’ve added more detail about the personal information we use and collect, including through mobile apps;
- We explain how we share information with the companies in the NBCUniversal group.
Highlights of most recent changes – December 2015
- We’ve added information for candidates who apply to work at NBCUniversal companies;
- We’ve clarified that we may collect information about users’ interactions on online services operated by third parties;
- We’ve updated our contact details; and
- We’ve added some information in our Mobile Apps section with more information about types of information we collect and how to opt out of cross application data collection.
- We’ve updated the examples of Cookies used on NBCUniversal online services.
Privacy at NBCUniversal
At NBCUniversal, we respect personal information and take seriously our privacy obligations. This website describes NBCUniversal’s approach to privacy for the NBCUniversal websites and mobile applications that link to this page (“online services”). We are committed to handling personal information in compliance with the specific provisions of applicable privacy laws worldwide.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
NBCUniversal may collect the following information:(1) information you provide actively (e.g. through forms, surveys, or similar interactive features on the online services); (2) information from the device that you use to access the online services; (3) information about your use of the online services, including video viewing, which may be collected through cookies/ tracking technologies and/or (4) information from third parties.
How do we share information?
You understand and agree that NBCUniversal may share information we collect as follows:
- Within NBCUniversal and with third party suppliers, in order to provide you with the online services;
- With other third parties (e.g., law enforcement agencies) where required by law or where required as a part of a corporate transaction (e.g., if a company is sold);
- With third parties for marketing and advertising purposes (this may vary across different countries or states in accordance with law). California residents can access a list of these third parties.
- With companies in the NBCUniversal family, in order to cross-promote NBCUniversal services or for research purposes. You have choices about this.
How is information protected?
We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Where is information processed?
NBCUniversal is a global company with headquarters in the United States. Information may be processed in the United States, as well as at various locations globally.
Children and Privacy
Except where otherwise indicated, we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. We use an age-gate to make certain features unavailable for use by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 in connection with those features. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Your rights and choices
NBCUniversal provides online service users with access to and choices about their information as required by law. This includes rights to unsubscribe from marketing, opt out of targeted advertising and revoke permissions previously provided (e.g. you may revoke permissions to have a mobile app use your current location). Some online services may not be available or there may be impact on functionality when you make these choices.
Tracking/Cookies and Ads
We may use the information we collect about your use of online services from your browsing behavior to provide you with online advertisements that might be relevant to you. You can opt out of this “targeted advertising”. The effect of opting out is controlled by third parties; they may still collect your usage information for analytic, research or internal operations purposes.
Cookies/ tracking technologies are used on some of our online services to serve ads, perform analytics, and make the online services as interesting as possible to you. By using our online services you are consenting to the use of these cookies/tracking technologies but you do have choices about cookies/tracking technologies. Some online services may not be available or there may be impact on functionality when you make these choices.
If you have questions about the privacy practices of our online services, please contact us at [email protected]. Please include specific information about the online service you are using and your question so we can respond as soon as possible.