Having trouble staying focused and getting stuff done? This is a contract to help with daily motivation for Hackers. Sign this with a mentor or friend and you'll be committing to steady progress on a project that will be verified by your co-signer.
Originally based on a similar contract for writers as described in O Magazine: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Writing-Every-Day-W...
This Hacker Agreement is entered into on Effective Date (the "Effective Date") by and between Mentor ("Mentor") and Contractor ("Contractor").
- As of the Effective Date of this Agreement, Mentor agrees to engage Contractor to perform the functions of a Hacker.
- As a Hacker, Contractor shall hack for at least one hour per day for five (5) days per week. Contractor will adhere to all guidelines stated in the attached Contract Hacker Guidelines. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may cause this contract to terminate.
- The durations of this contract is three (3) months from the Effective Date. After this time, Mentor has the option to renew the contract for another three (3) months if Contractor has adhered to all stipulated guidelines.
- Mentor shall have the right to determine, at her sole discretion, whether progress or work product is satisfactory and whether a milestone has been met. If such work is found to be unsatisfactory, Contractor shall have five (5) business days to satisfy such work requirement. If such work is still found to be unsatisfactory, then this Agreement shall terminate.
- Contractor is an independent contractor. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create an employer-employee, agency, joint venture or partnership relationship between Mentor and Contractor.
Contractor acknowledges, represents and warrants to the Mentor that Contractor has received a copy of this Agreement, that Contractor has read and understood this Agreement and agrees to abide by its terms and that Contractor has had the opportunity to seek the advice of legal counsel before signing this Agreement and that Contractor has either sought such counsel or has voluntarily decided not to do so.
Exhibit A: Hacker Guidelines
- Hacker shall limit redbull intake to 3 per day as to avoid shakes and shanks. Whereas shakes are actual physical shakes, and shanks shall be defined as checking in junk code.
- Hacker shall endeavour to not rewrite anything unless it actually and demonstrably doesn't work. Rewrites may only be performed from the deck of your yacht. Don't have a yacht? Sounds like you're going with what you have.
- Switching to NodeJS? See #2, i.e. You better have a yacht.