This is a simple mutual confidentiality agreement between two parties.
This Agreement is made as of Date, by Sender Business Legal Name, located at Sender Address, and Recipient Business Legal Name, located at Recipient Address.
It is understood and agreed that both parties may provide certain information that is and must be kept confidential. To ensure the protection of such information it is agreed that:
1. For purposes of this Agreement, "Confidential Information" shall mean any and all non-public information, including, without limitation, business information relating to proprietary ideas and inventions, trade secrets, existing and/or contemplated products and services, research and development, existing and potential customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models.
2. Both parties agree not to disclose the Confidential Information obtained from the discloser to anyone unless required to do so by law.
3. This agreement is to remain in effect for two (2) years from signing or until mutually cancelled. Confidentiality obligations survive any expiration or termination of this agreement.
4. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the disclosure of Confidential Information. Any addition, modification, or transfer of this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by both parties.
5. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the United States of America and by the laws of the State of California.
6. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.
Both parties acknowledge that they have the power and ability to enter this Agreement, have read and understand this Agreement, and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations set forth herein.