This is a collection of simple and relatively generic service contracts for the Design / Development crowd.
Original project is available in GitHub: https://github.com/danielbeardsley/service_cont... [dead link]
Based on Simple Development Service Contract
Service Contract for Development
Client: Name of Company or individual entering into this contract with the Developer
Services: List of Services
Product: All code, images, markup, scripts, and content created by the Developer while performing Services.
1. Rate: Services shall be billed to the Client at the rate of $0 USD per hour.
2. Payment: The Client shall send payment to the Developer within 15 days of receiving an invoice.
- Invoicing: Client shall be billed on a biweekly basis or when work is complete.
- Late Payment: If a payment is not received within 15 days, a 0.5% monthly finance charge will be applied to the outstanding amount; additionally no Services will be performed for the Client until full payment is received.
- Returned Checks: A $100 fee will be charged for any check returned due to insufficient funds. In the event of a returned check, payment plus fees will be due immediately in the form of cash or wire transfer only.
- Legal Fees: In the unlikely case that the services of a collection agency or lawyer are required to secure back payment, client must pay all associated fees.
3. Billable Time: All time spent performing Services and communicating with the Client is billable.
4. Copyright: First, Client guarantees that all elements of text, images or other artwork provided are either owned by Client, or that Client has permission to use them.
Copyright of all Products created while performing Services for the Client will be transferred to the Client upon receipt of payment in full, unless exceptions are listed and described below.
Developer reserves the right, with Client permission, to display and link to completed projects as part of a portfolio.
5. Termination: This contract may only be terminated after all outstanding invoices have been paid in full.
6. Disputes. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Location.
7. Changes: Either party may request to modify the terms of this contract at any time. When both parties consent to new terms and a new contract is signed, this contract is terminated immediately.