This is a simple commissioned illustration agreement. I sometimes have my DeviantArt / Expo clients (including international clients doing business with US persons) use contracts like this when asked to do character illustrations, avatars, etc...
The contract fits on one page if you print it small enough. It is pro-Artist -- a flat, non-refundable commission fee is charged. ALL RIGHTS are NON-EXCLUSIVELY licensed -- the purchaser can do whatever... show more he/she wants for as long as he/she wants (so long as he/she doesn't pretend he/she is the artist), but Artist also keeps the rights. But because most people want a "unique" and "special" piece of Art, the Artist agrees not to resell or publish the art, except for use in a Portfolio (such as posting on DeviantArt).
Dispute resolution is through internationally enforceable arbitration.
For a commercial (business) purchaser, you will want to use a longer, more complex contract.
As always, write in forks as you agree, and bear in mind this is a GENERIC TEMPLATE designed under United States law -- run it by your own attorney!
CONTRACT FOR COMMISSIONED ILLUSTRATION
This contract is an offer by Anett Pato / Pure and Classic to Chanelle Elana made on Jul 14, 2019 for Artist to provide creative work as requested by Commissioner.
1. Work. Commissioner retains Artist to create Final art will be delivered via mail as well as electronically, and preliminary sketches will be sent for review.
2. Price and Delivery. The non-refundable flat-fee for Work is 1200 AUD. Payment must be made in the following schedule:
Work is to be delivered no later than 8th September 2019.
3. Grant of Rights. Artist agrees to the perpetual non-exclusive license of all rights (including, but not limited to, the right to display, modify, transmit, transfer, sell, and create derivative works) to Work to Commissioner, excluding only the right to authorship credit, which is retained by Artist. Artist agrees that Work is produced with the intent it be unique and will not seek to resell or publish Work.
4. Artist's Right to Authorship Credit. Artist may use Work in Artist's portfolio (including, but not limited to, any website that displays Artist's works). Commissioner and Artist agree that when asked, Commissioner must properly identify Artist as the creator of Work. Commissioner does not have a proactive duty to display Artist's name together with Work, but Commissioner may not seek to mislead others that Work was created by anyone other than Artist.
5. Commissioner Accepts Artist's Creative Vision. Commissioner agrees that Artist will complete Work in Artist's creative style at Artist's sole discretion. If Commissioner refuses to receive Work or demands Work be redone, it is understood and agreed that Commissioner is cancelling the Agreement, and no fee will be refunded.
6. Cancellation, and Expiration. The fee for Work is non-refundable. If Commissioner nonetheless does not want or refuses to receive Work, Artist may decide whether or not to complete Work, and will exclusively retain all right to Work.
This Offer may be accepted and enforced upon the signature of Commissioner (an electronic signature is acceptable).
Commissioner:____________________ (signature), on ________ (date)