This is a collection of simple and relatively generic service contracts for the Design / Development crowd.
Original project is available in GitHub: https://github.com/danielbeardsley/service_cont...
Service Contract for Development and Design
Developer: Name of Individual issuing this contract
Client: Name of Company or individual entering into this contract with the Developer
Services: Any task or series of tasks done by the Developer on request from the Client, or as part of fulfilling a request from the Client
Product: Any code, images, markup, scripts, content created by the Developer while performing Services
Intangibles: Knowledge about solutions to problems, methods, or designs
Rate: Services shall be billed to the Client at the rate of $___ CAD per hour.
1. Project Budget: This project should not exceed the project budget of $___.
2. Project Start Date: This project is scheduled to start on Project Start Date
Payment: The Client shall send payment to the Developer within 30 days of receiving an invoice.
- Late Payment: If a payment is more than 7 days late, no Services will be performed for the Client until payment is received.
Billable Time: All time spent performing Services and communicating with the Client is billable.
- Estimations: If an estimate is requested by the Client, the first 30 minutes of time spent preparing the estimate will not be billable. Time spent on an estimate beyond 30 minutes will be billable at the normal rate.
Copyright: Copyright of all Products created while performing Services for the Client will be transferred to the Client upon receipt of payment in full, except in the cases described below.
- The Developer reserves the right to reuse and re-license portions of the created Product as desired, as long as the portions are general solutions to common problems and are not specific to the Clients product.
- Any portions of the Product whose copyright is withheld by the developer are licensed to the Client for use in the Product under the MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
- The Client will only be billed for portions of the Product which were created during the effective period of this contract and created while performing Services for the Client.
Moral Rights: The Developer waives unconditionally any "moral rights" Developer may have in created Product for those portions of Product where Copyright will be transferred to the Client.
Intangible Property: The Developer retains ownership of all Intangibles gained by the Developer (that are not previously owned by the Client) while providing Services.
Termination: Either party must give at least 14 days notice to the other party before termination. This contract may only be terminated after all outstanding invoices have been paid in full.
Changes: Either party may request to modify the terms of this contract at any time. When both parties consent to new terms and a new contract is signed, this contract is terminated immediately.