- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Travelzoo Inc. and its family of related companies including licensees (collectively, "Travelzoo") and applies to your use of Travelzoo's products and services, including the websites that link to this policy (collectively, the "Services"). For more information on our Services, click here.
- This Policy covers how Travelzoo treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Services
- When we refer to "personal information", what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Travelzoo does not own, control, employ or manage, except where incorporated by reference within licensing arrangements with third parties.
- Minors - You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for Travelzoo's Services because Travelzoo is available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- Travelzoo may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our websites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Services, when you open our e-mail newsletters or use Travelzoo software widgets, when you visit the websites of some Travelzoo partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes sponsored by or in connection with Travelzoo. For more information on Promotions, click here.
- Travelzoo may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you subscribe to or use our Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, credit card information, mailing address (including country of residence), e-mail address, telephone number, Instant Messaging address, birth year, gender, preferred airport, occupation, and other personal interests. In addition, when you subscribe to or use our Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Services. For more information on IP Addresses, click here.
- Travelzoo may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Services, we receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Travelzoo cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using and the Web page(s) you visit.
- Travelzoo does not rent or sell personal information about you with third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below.
- Travelzoo may use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Services;
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Travelzoo, our employees, our subscribers, and our Services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Travelzoo's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law;
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Services and to improve our Services;
- To contact you with offers by Travelzoo and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our websites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Travelzoo and our marketing partners. Note, these companies do not have any right to use or share the data for any other purposes;
- When you enter a promotion sponsored or offered in connection with Travelzoo, we may contact you and share your personal information with third parties so that we may administer the promotion, for prize fulfillment, and as otherwise specified in the official rules for the promotion.
- In order to provide our users a seamless experience, some pages on our websites may be hosted by unrelated third parties. For example, much of our Investor Relations section is powered by Shareholder.com. When you sign up for investor-related e-mail alerts, you are actually entering your information directly with Shareholder.com so that they can provide the requested service for you on our behalf. Service Providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than for fulfilling the service(s) you request.
- Travelzoo may use Web beacons to access Travelzoo cookies in connection with our Services.
- A Web beacon is activated as part of a Web page or e-mail and allows us to count visitors to our websites and to recognize users by accessing Travelzoo cookies which help us personalize your experience when you use our Services.
- Travelzoo also uses Web beacons to conduct research on behalf of our partners and for auditing purposes. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this research. For more information about our use of Web beacons, click here.
- Travelzoo respects your right to control how your personal information is used. Travelzoo may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to edit your personal information, to unsubscribe from receiving Travelzoo services you previously requested, update your account or to terminate your account, please visit your User Profile. Users can access their account by going to their profile page. If you have any issue accessing your profile page to update or delete your account, please use the feedback form below. We will respond to your request to delete or unsubscribe your account within 30 days.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Travelzoo Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Travelzoo account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further e-mail deliveries to you in approximately 30 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Travelzoo takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company's control against loss, misuse, or alteration. For more information on Security at Travelzoo, click here.
- Travelzoo reserves the right to enhance information about you with appropriate and legal data that may be obtained to serve you better and present you more relevant information, for example by using Geo-IP maps. In addition, Travelzoo reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users for a variety of reasons at Travelzoo's discretion, for example if an e-mail address stops accepting e-mail.
Travelzoo is TRUSTe certified. This certification applies to all English-language sites under the Travelzoo.com domain and may apply to other sites if so indicated by a TRUSTe seal on that site. If you have any questions regarding Travelzoo's membership in TRUSTe, please contact the Travelzoo site coordinator at the address listed below. If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe at
- Please note that the information Travelzoo collects about you may be stored on servers outside your home country - currently on servers in the United States. If you are visiting our websites from a country other than the United States or your home country, please note that the United States or other countries where we may be hosting servers may not have the same data protection laws as your country or jurisdiction. By providing your personal information to Travelzoo, you are consenting to: (i) the use of your personal information for the uses described in this policy; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information to a country outside your home country - currently the United States.
- Travelzoo may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our websites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
590 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022