Joint Escrow Agreement - Equity Incentive Plan. Shares held by in escrow by Start Up's law firm.
JOINT ESCROW INSTRUCTIONS
19 W 34 St Suite 1018
New York, NY 10001
Dear Sir or Madam:
As Escrow Agent for both [_____], Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Company”), and the undersigned purchaser of Common Stock of the Company (“Purchaser”), you are hereby authorized and directed to hold the documents delivered to you pursuant to the terms of that certain Early Exercise Stock Purchase Agreement (“Agreement”), dated _______________ to which a copy of these Joint Escrow Instructions is attached as Exhibit C, in accordance with the following instructions:
1. In the event the Company or an assignee shall elect to exercise the Repurchase Option set forth in the Agreement, the Company or its assignee will give to Purchaser and you a written notice specifying the number of shares of Common Stock to be purchased, the purchase price, and the time for a closing hereunder at the principal office of the Company. Purchaser and the Company hereby irrevocably authorize and direct you to close the transaction contemplated by such notice in accordance with the terms of said notice.
2. At the closing you are directed (a) to date any stock assignments necessary for the transfer in question, (b) to fill in the number of shares being transferred, and (c) to deliver same, together with the certificate evidencing the shares of Common Stock to be transferred, to the Company against the simultaneous delivery to you of the purchase price (which may include suitable acknowledgment of cancellation of indebtedness) of the number of shares of Common Stock being purchased pursuant to the exercise of the Repurchase Option.
3. Purchaser irrevocably authorizes the Company to deposit with you any certificates evidencing shares of Common Stock to be held by you hereunder and any additions and substitutions to said shares as specified in the Agreement. Purchaser does hereby irrevocably constitute and appoint you as the Purchaser’s attorney-in-fact and agent for the term of this escrow to execute with respect to such securities and other property all documents of assignment and/or transfer and all stock certificates necessary or appropriate to make all securities negotiable and complete any transaction herein contemplated.
4. This escrow shall terminate and the shares of stock held hereunder shall be released in full upon the later of (a) the expiration or exercise in full of the Repurchase Option, whichever occurs first, and (b) the payment in full of all principal and interest due and payable under the promissory note attached to the Agreement, if any.
5. If at the time of termination of this escrow you should have in your possession any documents, securities, or other property belonging to Purchaser, you shall deliver all of same to Purchaser and shall be discharged of all further obligations hereunder; provided, however, that if at the time of termination of this escrow you are advised by the Company that the property subject to this escrow is the subject of a pledge or other security agreement, you shall deliver all such property to the pledgeholder or other person designated by the Company.
6. Except as otherwise provided in these Joint Escrow Instructions, your duties hereunder may be altered, amended, modified or revoked only by a writing signed by all of the parties hereto.
7. You shall be obligated only for the performance of such duties as are specifically set forth herein and may rely and shall be protected in relying or refraining from acting on any instrument reasonably believed by you to be genuine and to have been signed or presented by the proper party or parties or their assignees. You shall not be personally liable for any act you may do or omit to do hereunder as Escrow Agent or as attorney-in-fact for Purchaser while acting in good faith and any act done or omitted by you pursuant to the advice of your own attorneys shall be conclusive evidence of such good faith.
8. You are hereby expressly authorized to disregard any and all warnings given by any of the parties hereto or by any other person or corporation, excepting only orders or process of courts of law, and are hereby expressly authorized to comply with and obey orders, judgments or decrees of any court. In case you obey or comply with any such order, judgment or decree of any court, you shall not be liable to any of the parties hereto or to any other person, firm or corporation by reason of such compliance, notwithstanding any such order, judgment or decree being subsequently reversed, modified, annulled, set aside, vacated or found to have been entered without jurisdiction.
9. You shall not be liable in any respect on account of the identity, authority or rights of the parties executing or delivering or purporting to execute or deliver the Agreement or any documents or papers deposited or called for hereunder.
10. You shall not be liable for the outlawing of any rights under any statute of limitations with respect to these Joint Escrow Instructions or any documents deposited with you.
11. Your responsibilities as Escrow Agent hereunder shall terminate if you shall cease to be the Company’s legal counsel or if you shall resign by written notice to the Company. In the event of any such termination, the Secretary of the Company shall automatically become the successor Escrow Agent unless the Company shall appoint another successor Escrow Agent, and Purchaser hereby confirms the appointment of such successor as Purchaser’s attorney-in-fact and agent to the full extent of your appointment.
12. If you reasonably require other or further instruments in connection with these Joint Escrow Instructions or obligations in respect hereto, the necessary parties hereto shall join in furnishing such instruments.
13. It is understood and agreed that should any dispute arise with respect to the delivery and/or ownership or right of possession of the securities, you are authorized and directed to retain in your possession without liability to anyone all or any part of said securities until such dispute shall have been settled either by mutual written agreement of the parties concerned or by a final order, decree or judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction after the time for appeal has expired and no appeal has been perfected, but you shall be under no duty whatsoever to institute or defend any such proceedings.
14. Any notice required or permitted hereunder shall be given in writing and shall be deemed effectively given upon personal delivery, including delivery by express courier or five days after deposit in the United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail with postage and fees prepaid, addressed to each of the other parties hereunto entitled at the following addresses, or at such other addresses as a party may designate by ten days’ advance written notice to each of the other parties hereto:
Escrow Agent: By signing these Joint Escrow Instructions you become a party hereto only for the purpose of said Joint Escrow Instructions; you do not become a party to the Agreement.
15. You shall be entitled to employ such legal counsel and other experts (including without limitation the firm of Cytowski LLC) as you may deem necessary properly to advise you in connection with your obligations hereunder. You may rely upon the advice of such counsel, and may pay such counsel reasonable compensation therefor. The Company shall be responsible for all fees generated by such legal counsel in connection with your obligations hereunder.
16. This instrument shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. It is understood and agreed that references to “you” or “your” herein refer to the original Escrow Agent and to any and all successor Escrow Agents. It is understood and agreed that the Company may at any time or from time to time assign its rights under the Agreement and these Joint Escrow Instructions in whole or in part.
17. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and determined in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as such laws are applied by California courts to contracts made and to be performed entirely in California by residents of that state.
Very truly yours,