This is an agreement for participants in the Apocalyptic Fears 1 and/or 2 publishing venture.Edit Summary
Consent to Publish
Elyssar Press is pleased to have the privilege of publishing your work, Letters Under Rock, in electronic (ebook) format. You, _____________as author or agent thereof, hereby agree as follows:
1. Copyright in the work shall be retained by the author, who here licenses it to Elyssar Press, who shall have the following rights: The right to publish the work in electronic format worldwide in English. This right is nonexclusive, i.e., the author retains all other rights to publish his or her work in any form and manner.
2. You, the author or agent, represent and warrant: A. That the work is original, that you have full power to make this agreement, and that you are the sole or rights-holding author or agent; B. That no part of the work violates or infringes upon any copyright; C. That there are or will be no rights, licenses, or commitments of any nature outstanding in favor of anyone who would or might impair or interfere with the publication of the book (e.g., a conflict with KDP Select over exclusivity).
3. The ebook term will begin upon publication and expire after a year from that publication date, with an option of renewal. Elyssar Press will make all good faith efforts to ensure the ebook is unpublished on all sites at the end of that year period, barring delays beyond its control.
4. Control of the ebook for pricing, presentation (e.g., cover and formatting), publication and promotion shall rest entirely with Elyssar Press. The primary purpose of such actions shall be to generate the largest number of sales for the ebook while maintaining a positive earnings balance. The secondary purpose of such actions shall be to generate earnings.
5. Elyssar Press will generate and supply via email all participants with quarterly reports showing earnings and expenses through the end of this contract.
6. Accumulated net earnings (after all documented expenses) will be paid out equally among all participants within 30 days when either of these two conditions obtain: A. If net earnings per participant accumulate above U.S. $200 each (e.g., 10 participants, $5000), or; B. at the end of the ebook term plus 90 days. IRS tax documents (1099s) will be issued to all participants for their corresponding earnings, and all earnings will be reported to the IRS. Elyssar Press is in no way responsible for participants’ tax liabilities.
7. All payments will be made by U.S. paper check, U.S. bank electronic transfer, or Paypal, at the discretion of each participant. Other arrangements may be made by request of each participant as long as they do not unduly burden Elyssar Press. All transfer fees (such as PayPal fees) shall be the responsibility of the recipient, and all other expenses (e.g., postage) shall be deducted from the payout.
8. All participants shall make good faith efforts to promote the ebook through ordinary and cost-free means such as social media, email lists, word of mouth, etc.
9. Elyssar Press is also a participant and shall be entitled to one participant share of the ebook earnings.
Signature and date