The StubHub website is a licensee of the TRUSTe Web Privacy Program. If StubHub Customer Service cannot answer your privacy-related questions, please use the TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute Resolution Process.
Binding Corporate Rules
Information We Collect
Information you give to us.
When you register and/or buy or sell tickets, we ask you for the following information:
- name and physical shipping, contact and payment addresses;
- Email address and telephone number;
- Credit card information;
- Login and password; and/or
- Social Security number or tax identification number, for certain sellers to whom we are required by law to provide a 1099-k.
Information we collect when you use our Site and Services.
We may collect information about the way you interact with our Site, Services, content and advertising. This may include computer, browser and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our sites, ad data, device ID, location, machine ID, IP address, telephone calls with us, and standard web log information.
We may obtain information from or about you in other ways. For example, we may verify user information with a service provider or combine your information with information we collect from other companies. Also, we collect the information you send to us such as correspondence, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications, testimonials or User Content such as photos, blogs and writings.
How We Use Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. We may use the information we collect to:
- provide the Services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement
- customize, measure and improve our Site, Services and advertising;
- tell you about our Services and those of our corporate family, service updates, targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; and/or comply with applicable laws
Registration and sharing through third-party services
How we share information
We share information between our buyers and sellers that allow them to complete a ticket sale, like name, shipping address and other information that might be included on the ticket. We may also disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements (for example, in response to requests by federal, state or local authorities, including tax authorities, subpoenas, court orders or other legal process) or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is legally required, enforce our policies, establish or exercise our legal rights or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of the eBay Inc. corporate family like eBay, PayPal, GSI, Bill Me Later or Shopping.com to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will send you marketing communications based on this information but only if you've requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud detection, credit card processing, delivery services, ticket cancel and reissue, or bill collection).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
Cookies and web beacons
Accessing and changing personal information
You can access and change your account information in My Account. There, you can change your address, telephone number, email address, password, credit card information, Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID (if applicable) and privacy and communications preferences.
We may communicate with you at various times, with administrative emails or phone calls, about transactions and service announcements, customer service responses and promotional emails like special offers, newsletters and updates. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails at any time simply by changing your preferences, unsubscribing on the website, or using an email's unsubscribe function. You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages or customer service responses. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications through check-out with our partners, you must change your communication preferences with them directly.
If you choose to use our referral services, we ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a copy of the email. StubHub or our service providers store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
199 Fremont Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105