Information Collected By Automated Means:
Personally Identifiable Information: Is information we collect that uniquely identifies you, the customer. This information may contain name, shipping address, email address, phone number, and prescription information, as well as other information you may choose to share while interacting with our site and online services.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personally identifiable information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- Clicks and page information such as the address (or �URL�) of the web site that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site;
- Chat session information for customers using our Pharmacy Chat Service, which is logged for quality control purposes but not linked to your individual pharmacy record
- Customer service history including dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information you choose to provide through the linking of devices where you are actively choosing to share personal information, including health information, to interact with an application or program we host on our site;
- Information you choose to allow us access to through social media channels;
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- When you sign up for pharmacy services or order prescription drugs, our registration process asks you to provide us with a limited amount of personal and/or health-related information. This information is necessary to process your order and use our web site to access such functions as print prescription history and Auto Refills. Categories of personally identifiable information include: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, billing/shipping information (credit card number, shipping address), and Rx number.
We may collect and store the following Non-Personal Information:
Cookies and Beacons
"Cookies" are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you sign out from Walgreens.com or close your web browser.
- Allowing you to enter your password less frequently
- Remembering your preferences
- Presenting information that's targeted to your interests
- Measuring the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, and advertising
A "web beacon" is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page to another and to improve site performance.
We don't sell or rent your personal information online to third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Personalization and experience improvements: We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising, as well as measure and improve its effectiveness.
- Walgreens advertising on other websites: Walgreens collects information about your activities on certain websites to send you targeted ads through the use of Flash Cookies. Examples include location-based advertising to provide information relevant in your area, or advertising that is specific to your device (such as iPhones, tablets, or Android phones). In some cases, third parties may allow us to target advertising based on websites you have visited or demographic information. In these cases, your data is not collected by Walgreens or shared with Walgreens for direct use in our advertising. To opt-out of Flash Cookies, you may go to Adobe at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. To opt-out of behaviorally targeted ads on third party sites you may go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- Third Party Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
If you don't wish to receive e-mail marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference under My Account/Communication Preferences or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Other Ways We May Use or Disclose Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, hosting sites from this website or walgreens.com including the photo site, product reviews, developing pictures or photo products, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, or processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Prescriptions: We will not intentionally release your prescription information other than to you, Walgreen Co. and its subsidiaries, our agents (such as contracted fulfillment parties, if any), your authorized representative, or your prescriber or other authorized medical professional. We may forward your prescription information to your insurance plan, so that we can handle reimbursement of your prescription purchase for your convenience.
- Disclosures: As required by law we will disclose medical and other information which may relate to you. For example, in compliance with the Methamphetamine Control Act of 1996, We will provide the Drug Enforcement Administration with the name and address of each individual who purchases products on this website or Walgreens.com which contain the ingredients ephedrine or pseudophedrine. We, or our photo site host, may also disclose information which we believe to be in violation of Title 18 of the United States Code, Sections 2251 et seq. to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Invitees: You may invite other parties to view the content in your Photo Albums. Photo.Walgreens.com will share such information as may be necessary for your invitees to view the albums you designate.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Walgreens or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets and is permissible under law.
Third Party Service Providers:
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services.
- Our web site uses a third-party service provider to serve images. This service allows us to improve your overall customer experience.
- We contract with Omniture, a service partner, to provide us with a data collection and reporting service to measure the effectiveness of promotions and e-mails as well as perform analysis of our customers' activities on Walgreens.com. Information shared with Omniture includes ZIP code, gender, year of birth, city and state, and email address. No other personally identifiable information, such as your name, street address, etc., is shared with Omniture.
- Our relationship with AARP requires that we provide cookies to assist their contracted providers, i.e. Hitbox, with tracking for pages that have an AARP.walgreens.com url. Walgreens shares these cookies and unique url tags with AARP and their third-party service provider(s) for the purposes of web analytics and measurement. No personally identifiable information is shared.
- Our photo site is hosted by Snapfish, a subsidiary of Hewlett Packard Corporation. Log-in information to the photo site such as name, address, e-mail address, Walgreens.com user name, and opt-in/opt-out information relating to photo site promotions as well as credit card information provided to the photo site is shared with the photo site host and photo mail fulfillment vendor. These vendors are contractually prohibited from using the information obtained in the course of providing these services to photo.walgreens.com in any manner other than to help us provide the services available on the photo site.
- We contract with Coupons.com Inc., a service partner, to store coupons you have selected from Walgreens.com or our mobile app to your Balance Rewards member profile. Your Balance Rewards membership ID is shared with the vendor in order to link your chosen coupons with your account, so that the savings will be applied to your in-store checkout transactions. No other personally identifiable information is shared.
Third Party Partnerships:
We may work with other companies who operate their own websites or mobile apps, to allow them to offer Walgreens customers the ability to connect to Walgreens services. These services give you more options for ways to use Walgreens services from websites or apps that are not owned or operated by Walgreens.
- We contract with companies including Samsung and Google to allow Walgreens customers to access their Balance Rewards account from those partners' websites and/or mobile apps. This may include the ability to join Balance Rewards, add an existing Balance Rewards membership, and/or access your account balance.
Does Walgreens collect information from children?
It is our intent not to sell to persons under the age of 18 and it is our policy not to do so. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with involvement of a parent or guardian. However photo.walgreens.com does allow for the viewing of albums by minors above the age of 13 but purchases of products must be made by an adult.
How secure is the information I provided?
Walgreens is committed to securing your personal information. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Prescription drug information resides in a database behind a firewall where it cannot be accessed without proper authorization. Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology encrypts your personal information as well as your prescription health history as it is transmitted over the Internet. You maintain the security of your medical information by keeping your user name, password and other personal information confidential. Walgreens customer service representatives will never request your password.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Actions You Can Take
We recommend that you take the following precautions to safeguard your data:
Use a complex password with unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Walgreens password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
Keep your computer software up to date with the latest browser and anti-virus security software.
Be aware of increasingly common email scams that may use your email address to contact you and ask for personal or sensitive information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also know that Walgreens will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. So if ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from Walgreens.
You may choose to:
Stop receiving e-mail and mobile marketing communications by changing your preferences online. If you have an online account, login to Your Account and click on Communication Preferences. If you do not have an online account you may click Unsubscribe from the bottom of Walgreens emails, and reply STOP to our text messages to stop receiving emails and SMS text messages. To request unsubscribing by email, contact [email protected].
Set your Web browser to not accept new cookies or web beacons, or be notified when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. However, please note that without enabling these features, your experience on Walgreens.com will not be as smooth and you will not be able to take full advantage of our website's features. Please see the Help section of your browser for instructions on managing security preferences.
How To Contact Us
Phone: (847) 236-6518
E-mail: [email protected]
Walgreen Co. Privacy Office
Attn: Privacy Officer
200 Wilmot Rd, MS 9000
Deerfield, IL 60015
Effective Date: 07/15/2013