- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. Similarly, for materials that are defamatory or infringe patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights of a third party, please submit a list of such materials.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or electronic mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
NBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend this Agreement, and to modify, add or discontinue any aspect, content, or feature of the Service. Such amendments, modifications, additions or deletions shall become effective upon notice thereof, which may be provided to you by posting on the Service, via e-mail or any other reasonable means. Continued use of the Service by you shall constitute your binding acceptance of any such amendments, modifications, additions or deletions.
- Export Control
Information Unless otherwise specified, the materials on the Service are presented solely to provide information regarding and to promote NBC's Services and other products available in the United States, its territories, possessions and protectorates. The Service is controlled and operated by NBC from its offices within the state of California, United States of America. NBC makes no representation that materials on the Service are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Service from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. Software from the Service is further subject to United States export controls. No software from the Service may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (A) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods, or (B) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Although you acknowledge that we will have the ability to enforce our rights in any court of competent jurisdiction, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in New York, New York, U.S.A., regarding any and all disputes relating to this Agreement or your use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that the warranty disclaimers and liability and remedy limitations in this Agreement are material terms of this Agreement and that they have been taken into account in the decision by NBC to provide the Service hereunder. You may not assign any of your rights, obligations or privileges hereunder without the prior, written consent of NBC. Any assignment of the foregoing other than as provided for in this section shall be null and void, ab initio. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement, shall be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law as to effect the intention of the parties, and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement and any posted operating rules constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No waiver of any provision or any right granted hereunder will be effective unless set forth in a written instrument signed by the waiving party. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service or access to the Service. The titles and subtitl es used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.
- Rules for Chat rooms, Message Boards, and Other User-Supplied Material
Portions of this Site provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to us, the Site or others ("Post" or "Postings"). Postings do not reflect the views of NBC, and NBC does not have any obligation to monitor, edit or screen any Postings, but may do so in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding anything else in these Rules of Conduct, NBC should not be seen as endorsing any Post in any way. Neither NBC nor its parent company, its respective officers, directors, and employees, subsidiaries and/or affiliates shall be liable for any Posting that is in violation of this agreement.
You acknowledge that anything you submit to an NBC Site by way of any Posting is routed through NBC's servers and the Internet and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission. You acknowledge that the Posting and features on NBC Sites are postings for public and not private communications. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online; you make such disclosures at your own risk. (Users under the age of 18 should be especially careful not to provide any personally identifying information while using chat rooms or message boards. As set forth in NBC.com's Terms and Conditions of use, users of chat rooms and message boards must follow acceptable standards of behavior when posting messages online.)
If a Posting originates from you or your account, you hereby agree not to post any materials that
- interfere with anyone else's use of the Site;
- are abusive, illegal, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, offensive, or threatening in any way;
- encourage anyone to break the law;
- violate anyone's copyright, trademark or other property right;
- interfere with the privacy of any other user;
- contain a virus or any other harmful component; or
- contain false or misleading statements of fact or descriptions of the origin of the material or the communication. You agree to comply with any additional terms which are referred to on this Site or any subsite within the website.
The message boards provided on the NBC Site are for the purpose of exchanging views and information about television programming. NBC reserves the right to terminate the account or suspend the posting privileges of anyone who Posts materials unrelated to these topics.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, or unlawful material or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Although NBC may from time to time monitor or review bulletin boards, chatrooms, discussions, postings, transmissions, and the like on the Site, NBC is under no obligation to do so and assumes no liability or responsibility arising from the contents of any such communications or for any defamation, error, inaccuracy, libel, obscenity, or profanity contained in any such communication. NBC may change, edit, or remove any user material or conversations that are illegal, indecent, obscene, or offensive, or that violate NBC's policies in any way. Further, NBC reserves the right to remove or edit content from any Forum at any time and for any reason although we have no duty to do so. NBC will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing NBC to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
Posting is for noncommercial purposes only and you may not Post in any manner which does or is intended to promote or generate revenue for any business enterprise or commercial activity.
If you believe that any content on the Site (including, without limitation, Postings) violates any of the terms of this agreement, please click here to send us a message about it. We will not respond to your message and we reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any or all steps available to us once we receive any such message.