This is a retainer agreement for design services, but can be adapted to any kind of services. Original can be found at: http://www.michaelderickson.com/pdf/agreement.pdf.Edit Summary
By signing this Agreement, _________________ (“Client”) has retained Heyzeus McGinty Attorney (“Service Provider”) to proceed with the requested services, and agrees to the terms and conditions as set forth in this Agreement:
1. Services. Client has retained Service Provider to perform:
Attorney Client Privilege
Representation in Court
Priority over non-clients
2. Payment. Client agrees to commit to (retainer fee in full must accompany signed Agreement):
Describe Fee Schedule
3. Bi Weekly Pay Basis. Client will be billed on a bi-weekly basis. Payments rendered are considered fully earned and non-refundable.
4. Additional Work. Client understands additional work beyond the scope of this Agreement must be negotiated separately and will require a separate Agreement. Services requested by Client and provided by Service Provider that do not fall within the scope of this Agreement will be billed separately at the full standard hourly rate according to service category with payment due upon receipt.
5. Client Responsibilities. Client understands that Service Provider is not an employee, and that this will be a collaborative, professional relationship of equals where mutual professional respect, courtesy and consideration are expected. Due to the virtual nature of the relationship, Client understands the importance of communication, especially via email, and agrees to respond to questions, requests and communications from Service Provider in a timely manner. Client understands that Service Provider is a business with other clients to serve, and requires fair, realistic notice in order to attend to requests and projects. Poor planning or miscommunications on the part of the Client will not constitute an emergency for Service Provider. Client understands that Service Provider may require detailed clarification of projects in order to meet expectations and provide the best support and highest quality work.
6. Termination. Retainers may be terminated by either party for any reason with 10 (ten) days advance written notice of intent to cancel. Retainer fees are due in full for the intended month of cancellation if proper notice is not provided.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be modified or amended as necessary only by written instrument signed by both parties. By signing this Retainer Agreement, I indicate that I understand, agree to and accept the terms and conditions as contained herein, dated May 2, 2019