We target ads to Members both on and off LinkedIn through a variety of ad networks and ad exchanges, using:
- Advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers as permitted by mobile platforms both on and off LinkedIn;
- Member-provided profile information and categories (for example, “product managers in Texas”);
- Information inferred from a Member’s profile (for example, using job titles to infer age, industry, seniority, and compensation bracket; or names to infer gender);
- Your use of LinkedIn (for example, your LinkedIn search history) or clicking on a LinkedIn ad;
- Information from advertising partners which we use to help deliver ads more relevant to you.
We do not share personally identifiable information with any third-party advertiser or ad network, although your profile is visible to other LinkedIn Members and through public search depending on your settings.
LinkedIn may show you sponsored content in your Network Update Stream (NUS), which will be designated as sponsored content and will behave like other NUS updates. If you take social action (for example, if you “like or “comment” on the sponsored content), your action will be seen by your network and other LinkedIn Members who are shown the sponsored content after you have acted on it.
LinkedIn ads that are delivered on third-party sites contain the label “Ads by LinkedIn.” You may opt out of these ads served to you on third-party sites here. The Ad Choices icon shows you that we adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising. Please see http://www.aboutads.info for details.