Consumer Privacy at HSN, an HSNi Company
HSN is part of the HSN, Inc. ("HSNi") family of businesses. HSNi is a retailing powerhouse that spans the full retail spectrum including television
(HSN), ecommerce (hsn.com and catalogue websites), catalogues (Cornerstone Brands), and brick & mortar retail (Frontgate, Ballard Designs, The Territory Ahead).
For a complete list of all of HSNi's businesses, please visit www.hsni.com.
Information we may collect [read more]
We may collect information that can identify you ("personal information"), such as your name and e-mail address, (i) when you (or other customers) provide it to us when using our website or in some other manner, or (ii) from other HSNi businesses, from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users' movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Information others may collect [read more]
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our websites.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
How we may use information we collect [read more]
We may use information to:
With whom we may share information we collect [read more]
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other HSNi businesses;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our customers.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
Your choices [read more]
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website;
- To stop receiving promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by modifying your email subscription settings here;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the e-mail address below or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
- To learn about additional choices, click here.
Security [read more]
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
How to contact us
1 HSN Drive
St. Petersburg, Florida 33729
Your California Privacy Rights
California Residents - If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties and the HSNi companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is [email protected].
" 2011 HSN, Inc. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any HSN mobile application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used may include, but are not limited to: your geographic location, how you use the HSN application(s), and information about the type of device you use. This information is sent to HSN as aggregate information, and is not traceable back to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual. To opt out of sharing this information, such as location, please review the terms and conditions before you download the application, or you may review the settings on your mobile device or you may choose at any time to uninstall the HSN application(s) from your mobile device.