This is an agreement about interns with Epicodus.
This agreement is between Company ("your company"), Epicodus, Inc. ("Epicodus"), and any Epicodus students who intern with your company pursuant to this agreement ("interns").
- Purpose: For the last month of class, Epicodus facilitates internships with local companies like yours. It's a chance for our students to gain real-world experience, and for your company to get assistance from our students.
- Relationships: Epicodus and your company are and will remain two independent contractors. The interns are not employees of your company, but rather are students fulfilling an academic requirement of Epicodus. To the extent legally allowed, neither your company nor Epicodus is required to provide workers' compensation coverage for the interns.
- Term: The term of this agreement is from May 12, 2014 through June 6, 2014.
- Termination: If at any point your company isn't happy with the interns' performance, please talk to us about it! That said, at any time, Epicodus or your company can end this agreement by giving written notice (including by email) to the other party. All provisions of this agreement that would reasonably be expected to survive the termination of this agreement will do so.
- Your company's responsibilities: Your company will provide a learning experience for the interns, in which the interns will spend at least 30 hours each week writing code, and will have an experienced developer as a mentor who will guide them and answer their questions.
- No warranty; Limitation of liability: The interns are providing the services to your company under this agreement through Epicodus' internship program for academic credit, at no charge to your company. Accordingly, any programs, apps or other products (collectively, "Products") created by the interns pursuant to this agreement will be provided to your company "as-is, where is with all faults." To the maximum extent permitted by law, Epidocus disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Epicodus or the interns be liable for damages of any nature, including without limitation, incidental or consequential damages, resulting from lost data, business interruptions or otherwise, arising out of or resulting from the interns' performance of the services pursuant to this agreement.
- Non-Infringement; Indemnification: Your company represents and warrants that any Products created by the interns pursuant to this agreement will not violate any intellectual property right of any third party. If any third party brings a claim, suit, or action against us and/or the interns, related to any Products or your company's violation of this agreement, your company shall indemnify and hold us and the interns
harmless from any losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney's fees).
- Legal compliance: Your company will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, those governing salaries for interns.
- General provisions: If we have a disagreement, the laws of the State of Oregon will apply, except for conflict of laws rules, and if necessary, we will litigate in Multnomah County, Oregon. If it turns out part of this agreement isn’t enforceable, we will remove that part, and it will not affect the rest of the agreement. This agreement is the entire agreement between Epicodus and your company regarding its subject matter, completely replaces any previous agreements between us, and may only be amended by a written agreement signed by your company and Epicodus. Each individual signing this agreement warrants and certifies his or her authority to execute this agreement.