Effective Date: November 1, 2012
Special Note: On October 4, 2012, Barnes & Noble underwent a corporate reorganization resulting in its digital and College businesses becoming owned by Barnes & Noble's majority owned subsidiary NOOK Media LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively "NOOK Media"). These current privacy policies and the privacy practices described herein apply to personal information previously collected from you by Barnes & Noble, Inc. and each of its subsidiaries, including NOOK Media, as well as personal information that they may collect from you in the future. Please be advised that NOOK Media intends to launch one or more of its own websites in the future for purposes of operating its digital and College businesses. NOOK Media expects to post privacy policies applicable to those websites when they are launched.
Clarity: We strive to communicate clearly about your privacy and how we handle your personal information.
Security: We follow security standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information.
Integrity: We do not sell or rent your personal information and respect your preferences with respect to your personal information.
1. What is the personal information that we collect?
Depending on how you choose to interact with our stores and the Barnes & Noble Websites, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number and credit card information. We may also collect other information (i) regarding your interaction with Barnes & Noble Websites; (ii) regarding your interaction with Barnes & Noble mobile devices distributed and sold by Barnes & Noble, including but not limited to NOOK® , NOOK Color™, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight™, NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ (collectively, "Device[s]"); (iii) regarding your interaction with any Barnes & Noble mobile applications distributed or sold by Barnes & Noble, including any related third party mobile device and user information (collectively "Retail Apps"), or (iv) that you otherwise provide to us, including your use of Devices, purchase history and online browsing of products and services. For more information about information collected through Retail Apps and Devices, read the Barnes & Noble Mobile Privacy Supplement.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. For more information as to why we collect personal information, please see the section below entitled: "How do we use your personal information?"
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions included in each marketing email or by changing your preferences in your "MY B&N" account .
3. How do we collect your personal information?
(a). Information that you provide to us
As a general matter, you can browse in our stores and on the Barnes & Noble Websites without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The most common of these circumstances include:
- Making a purchase or placing an order
- Creating an account online or on a Device
- Enrolling in our Member loyalty program
- Enrolling in our Educator program
- Enrolling in our B&N Kids' Club™ program
- Submitting a customer review, a list, or other user-created content or participating in Barnes & Noble Book Clubs
- Posting a blog, or participating in an online interactive community
- Signing up for Lark Crafts, Sterling Publishing, Inc. and Pixiq Email Newsletters
- Applying for a Barnes & Noble MasterCard
- Creating a "My B&N" or "My NOOK" Profile
- Signing up for Invite-a-Friend Emails
- Contacting customer service
- Using specific features of your Device
- Contacting customer service
- Additional Website, Device or Retail App Features
For your convenience, we have provided a summary description of each of these circumstances below.
Making a purchase or placing an order
When you make a purchase or place an order in our stores or place an order online, you may need to submit personal information to us.
Creating an account online or on a Device
You can create a password-protected barnesandnoble.com account to purchase or download eBooks, digital magazines, digital newspapers, digital journals and other periodicals, blogs, other digital content ("Digital Content"), to complete your online order, to save items to an online Wish List, or to join a barnesandnoble.com, Pixiq.com, or LarkCrafts.com online interactive community. You can also create a password-protected SparkNotes.com or ecosystemlife.com account. Also, you are required to create a password-protected Device account to register your Device or other electronic reading device(s) and to purchase and download NOOK Media's eReader Software. To create any of these accounts, we will ask you to provide us with personal information. If you use your online account to make a purchase or download, we will use the personal information stored in your account and/or require you to input additional personal information, such as credit card information, to complete your order or download.
Enrolling in our Member loyalty program
When you enroll in our Member loyalty program, we will ask you to submit personal information as part of your Member profile. The personal information you submit is held in a Member database. When you use your membership, the transaction information for your purchase, including personal information, is copied and stored in the Member database so that we can administer the Member program.
Enrolling in our Educator Program
When you enroll in our Educator Program, we will ask you to submit personal and school/institution information as part of your Educator profile. The personal and school information you submit is held in a database. When you use your discount card, the transaction information for your purchase, including personal information, is copied and stored in the database so that we can administer the Educator program.
Enrolling in the Barnes & Noble Kids' Club™ Program
When you enroll in the B&N Kids' Club™ Program, we will ask you to submit personal information as part of your B&N Kids' Club™ account, including the names/nicknames and birthdates of the children you include in your profile. The personal information you submit is held in a database. When you use your Member card or B&N Kids' Club™ loyalty card, the transaction information for your purchase, including personal information, is copied and stored in the database so that we can administer the B&N Kids' Club™ program.
Submitting a customer review, a list, or other user-created content or participating in Barnes & Noble Book Clubs
You may choose to submit an online customer review or to participate in Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. Because any information you choose to post with your customer review or in the Book Clubs will be available on the Internet, we can make no assurances that others will not use, or misuse, that information.
Posting a blog, or participating in an online interactive community
You may choose to submit or post information as part of a blog or online interactive community. Because any information you choose to post will be available on the internet, we can make no assurance that others will not use, or misuse that information.
Applying for a Barnes & Noble MasterCard
When you apply for a Barnes & Noble MasterCard, you will need to submit personal information directly to Barclays Bank Delaware, the issuer of the MasterCard. Personal information that you provide directly to Barclays Bank Delaware is subject to the bank's privacy policies, practices and procedures, not Barnes & Noble's.
In addition, we disclose certain personal information to Barclays Bank Delaware in connection with the administration of the Barnes & Noble MasterCard program. Barclays Bank Delaware does not have the right to use the personal information we provide beyond what is necessary to assist us or to administer this program. Barclays Bank Delaware is contractually obliged to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal information we provide and is restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by us.
Creating a "My B&N" or "My NOOK" Profile
You may choose to submit personal information when you create a My B&N, My NOOK or similar profile on your Device or on a Barnes & Noble Website or our Retail Apps.
Signing up for Invite-a-Friend Emails
Our Invite-a-Friend feature is located in various areas of certain Barnes & Noble Websites. This feature appears as an 'Email' link on the pages listed below. By clicking on 'Email', customers can email a link to a friend which will invite the friend to view the Barnes & Noble Website page or attend the event described on that page:
- Product Page
- My B&N Profile Page
- My B&N EssentiaList
- My B&N Favorite Books List
- My B&N Favorite DVDs List
- My B&N Favorite Music List
- My B&N Reading Now List
- Wish List
- Store Event
Recipients of Invite-a-Friend emails can remove themselves from these mailings by calling our Customer Service Center at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-824-2665). Individuals calling from abroad should call us at 201-559-3882.
Using specific features of your Device
Your Device may provide you with the ability to enter (either directly, or by authorizing Barnes & Noble to download the information from a third party such as a social networking website) your information such as your contacts, or images you may submit to us to help us locate products for you. For more information about information collected through Devices, read the Barnes & Noble Mobile Privacy Supplement.
Contacting Customer Service
When you contact customer service, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information so that we can better serve you.
Additional Website, Device or Retail App Features
From time to time we may offer or provide new or additional Barnes & Noble Website, Device or Retail App features and functionality. Such features or functionality may request or require you to submit personal information to us in order to use such feature or functionality.
(b) Information automatically collected
There are circumstances in which we automatically receive and collect information from you. The most common sources of this information include:
- Pixel tags or clear Graphics Interchange Format files, known as GIFs
- Your Device or Retail Apps you use
- Business partners, contractors, shared databases, and other third parties whom may occasionally share information with us
For your convenience, we have provided a summary description of each of these circumstances below.
Information automatically collected when you visit Barnes & Noble Websites
When you visit a Barnes & Noble Website, we automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit such Barnes & Noble Website. For example, we may receive and collect: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the date and time you access the Barnes & Noble Website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Barnes & Noble Website. We use this information to monitor the usage of the Barnes & Noble Websites and as necessary for our business.
Information collected using cookies
Browsers are typically set to create cookies automatically. You can choose to have your browser notify you when cookies are being written to your computer or accessed, or you can disable cookies entirely. If you disable cookies, however, you will not be able to place items in a Barnes & Noble Website shopping bag, and therefore you will not be able to place an order with us online. Also, by not using cookies, some Barnes & Noble Website features and services may not function properly.
Please note that this third party service provider collects data on the Barnes & Noble Websites using first-party data collection. As a result, blocking cookies from third-party domains will not block these first-party cookies. As a visitor to a Barnes & Noble Website, you may choose to opt-out of this third party's analysis of your browsing and purchasing behavior on such Barnes & Noble Website. To opt-out on a Barnes & Noble Website click here.
By doing business with or interacting with Barnes & Noble, you consent to the use of the tracking technologies as described above.
Information collected using pixel tags or clear GIFs
To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our communications and marketing efforts, we may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to know if your e-mail program is able to accept HTML e-mails and, if it is, to: (1) send you e-mails in that format; and (2) determine if you have opened our e-mail messages. For this purpose, we tie the pixel tags and clear gifs to personally identifiable information.
Information collected from Devices or Retail Apps
When you use a Device or our Retail Apps, we automatically collect information through the Device or Retail App when it is connected to the Internet. For example, we may receive and collect information concerning device registration, settings, usage, firmware version, search queries, downloads, sideloaded content, configuration, and or service information relating to any malfunction of the Device or Retail App.
In addition, to provide location-based services on Devices or through Retail Apps, Barnes & Noble, NOOK Media and third party application providers may automatically collect geographic location information (including real-time geographic location) or other location-based information about you and your Device or other mobile device on which the Retail App is installed. This information may be used to provide certain device or application functionality or to offer, provide and improve products and services.
For more information about information collected through Devices and Retail Apps, read the Barnes & Noble Mobile Privacy Supplement.
Information collected from outside sources
We may periodically collect personal information and other information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize third parties to provide us with information. Such information may be collected via, but not limited to, software applications that you download or use on your Device.
This information may be used for a number of purposes including sending postal mail and e-mail, fulfilling orders, removing repetitive or unnecessary information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing support, customer authentication, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), providing customer service , and processing credit card payments.
Information collected from visitors from outside the United States
If you are visiting Barnes & Noble or a Barnes & Noble Website from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. Additionally, Barnes & Noble may transfer your personal information to other countries, for example because a server or third party service provider is located there. The data protection and privacy laws of other countries, including the United States, may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country. Barnes & Noble will take appropriate steps to protect your information.
By doing business or interacting with Barnes & Noble, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information to and within facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by Barnes & Noble.
4. How do we use personal information?
Barnes & Noble uses your personal information to provide you with a superior customer experience at our stores and on and through the Barnes & Noble Websites, Devices and Retail Apps, and, as necessary, to administer our business. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Provide you with products and services and information, including the Barnes & Noble Websites and online interactive communities, your Devices, Digital Content, your Retail Apps and software, and display associated content and advertising;
- Administer our Member program;
- Administer our Educator program;
- Administer the Barnes & Noble Kids' Club™ program;
- Provide customer service;
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys and provide appropriate notifications;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance the Barnes & Noble Websites and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues;
- Manage our business.
5. With whom do we share personal information?
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Barnes & Noble. Barnes & Noble DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES provided that your data may be transferred to or shared with a third party as part of a sale, merger, or acquisition of Barnes & Noble or one of its affilliates (see "Sales, Mergers, and Acquisitions" below).
Barnes & Noble shares your personal information with:
- Other entities within the Barnes & Noble enterprise. Many of our customers purchase items from us both online and in our stores. In addition, Barnes & Noble owns and operates other operations and businesses and we share and use your personal information with our other business units and operations and may continue to do so even after such business units or operations are sold. We share your personal information within the Barnes & Noble enterprise (i) to help to ensure that you have a superior shopping or browsing experience no matter where you choose to shop or browse with us, (ii) to provide customer support and related services, (iii) to provide other services and products that might be of interest to you, (iv) to provide and/or manage certain cross-company promotions or programs (e.g. to honor your Barnes & Noble Member Program rewards), (v) to facilitate purchases of Devices or content (or other products) from within the Barnes & Noble enterprise, (vi) if we provide you with in store services and/or customer support for Devices and content, (vii) in connection with our commercial arrangements and business relationships within the Barnes & Noble enterprise (e.g., to facilitate services provided by NOOK Media with respect to the operation of certain Barnes & Noble Websites and the Barnes & Noble Bookstore application), and (viii) as otherwise reasonably determined to provide a comprehensive retail and digital content experience for our joint customers.
- Partners We provide personal information to our partners that provide product and service offerings or technologies that we think may be of interest to you. Our partnerships may also result in products and services that allow you to publish Digital Content that may be shared with our partners. We may offer you the opportunity to opt-in to receive information from our partners, which may result in your personal information being shared with our partners. The use of your information by our partners and their vendors and contractors will be subject to the privacy policies of our vendors once such information is transferred.
- Microsoft Corporation. NOOK Media may share your personal information with Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") and its affiliates and subsidiaries under certain circumstances. Microsoft has invested in NOOK Media. If you consent to such sharing (including, without limitation, in connection with using a Microsoft Live ID log-in), Microsoft may use your personal information to provide products and services to you related to your Device, Digital Content and Barnes & Noble and Microsoft services and products. These products and services may include, without limitation: (i) to enable purchases of Digital Content by you and provide Digital Content to you, (ii) to allow you to access, view and consume your Digital Content and provide related services to you, (iii) to publish certain Digital Content created by users and customers (as may be more fully set forth in any applicable terms or policies related thereto), (iv) to create and manage cross company user accounts and applications related to your Devices and Digital Content, including in connection with the integration between the Microsoft user and ID systems and Microsoft commerce platform and our products and services, (v) to offer joint Microsoft/Barnes & Noble product or service offerings, (vi) to provide customer support, (vii) to provide information to you regarding Microsoft product and service offerings, and (viii) as otherwise reasonably determined by NOOK Media. Please note that any information provided to Microsoft will be treated by Microsoft in accordance with its applicable privacy policies in effect from time to time. Please refer to Microsoft's website for information related to Microsoft's collection, use and sharing of information that it obtains.
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf.We provide personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Barnes & Noble. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services you may purchase or request from or through us. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Barnes & Noble or explicitly permitted by you. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us, or as you have explicitly permitted, and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third Party Membership Programs. We work with certain third party entities to help them administer their own membership or rewards programs by providing them with purchasing information about their customers who make purchase from Barnes & Noble. We disclose only the information that is necessary to make these third party programs work and to support your membership in them. This information usually includes your name and e-mail address as well as the dollar amount of the purchases made at Barnes & Noble. We require such entities to obtain your consent before we provide them with this information, which they usually do as part of their own membership or participation rules.
- Credit Card Companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Although Barnes & Noble's treatment of this information is governed by this policy, the use of your information by the third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. Barnes & Noble may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of Barnes & Noble, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
- To Fulfill Your Requests For Products or Services
In connection with some Digital Content orders placed on Barnes & Noble Websites, in order to complete your transaction, we may need to forward your name, magazine, catalog or newspaper order, email address, and shipping or billing address to our content providers. The content providers will share your magazine, catalog or newspaper order information as well as your name and address, or name and e-mail and shipping or billing addresses with the magazine, catalog or newspaper publisher and magazine, catalog or newspaper circulation auditors. Magazine, catalog and newspaper publishers may use this information to fulfill your order and for other purposes. Your credit card information will not be shared with them.
6. How do we secure personal information?
We take significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology in the transmission of certain sensitive personal information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security.
We want you to feel confident whenever you visit us in our stores, on the Barnes & Noble Websites or otherwise. While we are focused on the security of your personal information and follow strict standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information, you must remember that the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats, viruses and intrusions from others and so we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your personal information at all times and in all circumstances.
7. How do we respect your choices about your personal information?
When you interact with Barnes & Noble in certain ways, you may be eligible to receive certain marketing-related and promotional communications as well as special offers (collectively "Promotional Communications") from Barnes & Noble that may include advertisements from third parties. The most common of these circumstances include:
- Making a purchase or download or placing an order
- Creating an account online or on a Device
- Joining the Barnes & Noble online community
- Enrolling in our Member program
- Signing up for Lark Crafts, Sterling Publishing, Inc. and Pixiq Email Newsletters
- Signing up with eBookstores operated by Barnes & Noble
- Signing up for the SparkNotes.com email newsletter
- Entering a sweepstakes or a contest
Where you have consented to receiving Promotional Communications from the Barnes & Noble enterprise including Barnes & Noble Booksellers, barnesandnoble.com, the Barnes & Noble Member program, the Barnes & Noble Educator program; the Barnes & Noble Gift Card website, Barnes & Noble Devices, SparkNotes.com, or Sterling Publishing Company, Inc., you may choose to opt out at any time by following the instructions below.
- For Barnes & Noble Booksellers: At any time, a customer may choose to opt-out of the receipt of any promotional communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each e-mail and following the instructions, or by e-mailing our Customer Service Department by clicking here.
- For barnesandnoble.com: Any account holder can opt-out of the receipt of any promotional communications by logging onto their Account and following the instructions under "Communication Preferences". If you do not have a barnesandnoble.com account, you may opt-out of the receipt of such communications by selecting the link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail communication and following the instructions.
- For Barnes & Noble Member program: Any Member can opt-out of the receipt of any Member program promotional communications by logging on to their barnesandnoble.com Account and following the instructions under "Change Your Communication Preferences." If you do not have a barnesandnoble.com account, you may opt-out of the receipt of such communications by selecting the link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail communication and following the instructions.
- For Barnes & Noble Educator program: Any Educator can opt-out of the receipt of any promotional communications by logging on to their barnesandnoble.com Account, clicking "Communication Preferences," and following instructions under "Change Communication Preferences." If you do not have a barnesandnoble.com account, you may opt-out of the receipt of such communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each e-mail and following the instructions. If no opt-out link exists reply to the email with the word "Remove" in the subject line, or by e-mailing our Customer Service Department by clicking here.
- For the Barnes & Noble Gift Card website: Any customer of the Barnes & Noble Gift Card website who receives promotional communications can opt-out of the receipt of any such communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each e-mail and following the instructions or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
- For SparkNotes.com: Any SparkNotes.com customer who does not wish to receive promotional product and service communications can choose to remove their contact information from SparkNotes.com contact list by following the instructions listed on www.sparknotes.com.
- For Sterling Publishing: If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive ENewsletters from Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., Pixiq, Lark Crafts, and/or FlashKids.com, please click on the link for opt-out instructions contained at the bottom of each ENewsletter. You can change your personal information and your communication preferences when you follow this link.
Even if you opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to order confirmations, back order notifications, membership information, and/or other business-related communications.
Note for Community Users
Barnes & Noble provides you with the ability to access, correct, change or request deletion of the personal information in your community profile(s) at any time by following the instructions below. We will respond to all access requests within 30 days. However, you cannot currently change your profile name although you may re-register and choose a new name. To review or modify your profile information, please click here. Please be advised that Barnes & Noble may archive information it collects on its community and visitors. Additionally, by participating in the Barnes & Noble online interactive community, and using Barnes & Noble's various interactive offerings, including, the submission of customer reviews, or participation in the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs, you agree to receive communications from Barnes & Noble, other users, and moderators related to the provision of these services.
You may access, correct or change the personal information in your community profile(s) on Lark Crafts and Pixiq at any time. To review or modify your profile information, log in to larkcrafts.com or pixiq.com. Additionally, by using Lark Crafts and/or Pixiq's various interactive offerings, you agree to receive communications from Barnes & Noble, Lark Crafts, Pixiq, other users, and moderators related to the provision of these services.
You may also access, correct or change the personal information in your community profile(s) on SparkNotes.com at any time, except to change your username. To review or modify your profile information, log in to SparkNotes.com. Additionally, by using SparkNotes.com's various interactive offerings, you agree to receive communications from Barnes & Noble, SparkNotes, other users, and moderators related to the provision of these services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Barnes & Noble Policies for Minors, including Children under the age of 13.
Except as noted below with respect to Kid's Profiles: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Individuals under the age of 18 ("Minors") are not permitted to use Barnes & Noble Websites or Retail Apps without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Barnes & Noble Websites; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on any of the Barnes & Noble Websites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Barnes & Noble does not permit Minors to create a master account with Barnes & Noble or register a Device in his or her name. However, certain Devices do offer parents and legal guardians the opportunity to create a personal profile for their child, including children under the age of 13, to allow for a more personalized Device experience (a "Kid's Profile").
The creation of a Kid's Profile requires that the parent or legal guardian provide Barnes & Noble with verifiable consent to Barnes & Noble's collection of information in connection with the child's use of the Kid's Profile. Upon creation of a Kid's Profile, Barnes & Noble will validate credit card information already on file with us and e-mail the master account holder to give notice that we have received consent. If no credit card information is on file, or if the credit card is invalid, Barnes & Noble will not permit the creation of a Kid's Profile. In order for a parent or legal guardian of a child who is under the age of 13 to create a Kid's Profile on the Device, that child's parent or legal guardian must first create a master user account and authorize the creation of a Kid's Profile for the child who is under 13.
During the Kid's Profile setup process, Barnes & Noble will collect the first name or nickname and month and year of birth of your child. This information will be used to tailor the Device content experience and/or suggest books and other content that might be of interest to you and your child. You may enable your child to browse and/or shop in the NOOK store on the Barnes & Noble Websites. If you do so, Barnes & Noble may collect information regarding items your child browses and/or purchases in order to make our services more interesting and useful to you. Your child may also be able to post ratings and provide feedback regarding items available for purchase in the NOOK store on the Barnes & Noble Websites, and this information will be posted to Barnes & Noble Websites in the name of the master account holder. Barnes & Noble may share the information it collects about your child with its affiliated companies to help to ensure that you have a superior shopping or browsing experience no matter where you choose to shop or browse within the Barnes & Noble enterprise. Barnes & Noble may also share the information it collects about your child with third party service providers Barnes & Noble may engage to assist with services related to the Device and Barnes & Noble Websites. These third party service providers are obligated to keep your information and your child's information confidential and must use the information only in connection with providing services to Barnes & Noble. Additionally, your child may use NOOK software features to take notes or create other content on the Device. Barnes & Noble may collect and store this information on Barnes & Noble servers for the purpose of providing a seamless user experience, but Barnes & Noble will not use such information for any other purpose without your consent. Please be advised that NOOK Media may operate Barnes & Noble's Kids Profile service in the future.
Barnes & Noble encourages parents and legal guardians to advise their children not to include any personally identifiable information such as first and last name or physical or email address when creating notes with NOOK software, posting ratings or feedback in the NOOK store or otherwise utilizing a Device. Although Barnes & Noble does warn children not to include personally identifiable information in the notes they create or in the ratings they post, it is possible that a child may inadvertently provide Barnes & Noble with personally identifiable information in the context of such notes or ratings. By creating a Kid's Profile, you agree if your child inadvertently provides personally identifiable information to Barnes & Noble that Barnes & Noble may collect and maintain that information.
If you are a parent or guardian believes your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information or other information to Barnes & Noble without your consent, please contact [email protected]. Once Barnes & Noble verifies that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, Barnes & Noble will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information Barnes & Noble has collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. Barnes & Noble will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from its database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same. Barnes & Noble is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of children under the age of 13, including the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
Your access rights and updates to your information
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Please note that, as permitted by law, we may charge a nominal fee for information requests and may require you to prove your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files. Please address written requests and questions about this to [email protected]. We will respond to all access requests within 30 days.
Third Party Websites and Web-Tracking
We may partner with third party distributors of advertisements to deliver advertisements about our products and services when you visit other websites across the Internet. These distributors of advertisements may place or access cookies on your computer which help us provide you with advertisements that are customized to your particular product preferences and improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. If you would like to learn more about the third party advertisers that may be aware of the fact that you visit Barnes & Noble Websites, and to understand your choices about having such advertisers' cookies turned off, please visit www.networkadvertising.org. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Barnes & Noble complies with the U.S. - E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from, respectively, European Union member countries and Switzerland. Barnesandnoble.com LLC has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Barnes & Noble's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/