This is an unpaid internship agreement between an intern and a general business. It also includes a confidentiality section.
NATURE OF UNPAID INTERNSHIP
Congratulations on being accepted as an intern with Company Name (the "Company").
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have consented to participate in this unpaid internship. Note that if credit is available from your school for participation in an internship we are glad to work with you to meet any requirements for receiving credit.
You further acknowledge that:
- The training in the field of Field of Study is similar to and enhances instruction given in studies at School of Study;
- The internship is for your benefit to receive training and mentoring, and to provide valuable experience for future job selection, application, and performance in the field of Field of Study;
- You agree to work under the close observation of mentors at the Company;
- Unless advised otherwise, interns are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship period; and
- You are not entitled to wages or other compensation other than your experience and learning for the time spent as an intern for the Company.
You further agree that the internship does not create an "employment" relationship under the Fair Labor Standards Act ("FLSA") or any other definition, and the FLSA's minimum wage and overtime provisions do not apply.
In connection with your work as a intern, the Company has disclosed or may disclose to you confidential business information, software programs, databases, technical information, or other proprietary company information ("Proprietary Information").
In consideration for your position at the Company, and disclosure of the information, you agree as follows:
- You will hold in confidence and not possess, use, or disclose any Proprietary Information except information you can document (a) is in the public domain through no fault of yours, (b) was properly known to you, without restriction, prior to disclosure by the Company, or (c) was properly disclosed to you by another person without restriction, and you will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any Proprietary Information. The foregoing does not grant you a license in or to any of the Proprietary Information.
- On the end of your association with the Company, you will promptly return all Proprietary Information and all copies, extracts, and other objects or items in which it may be contained or embodied.
- You will promptly notify the Company of any unauthorized release of Proprietary Information within your control.
You agree that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in all works of authorship created in the scope of your internship are owned by the Company. All such works or portions of works created by you are “works made for hire” as defined in 17 U.S.C. § 201.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Legal Jurisdiction without respect to its rules on the conflict of laws. The Agreement may be modified or waived only in writing.