Albertsons respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your personally identifiable information or “personal information” from unauthorized use or disclosure. This policy describes how your personal information may be collected when you visit our website, shop at our stores, use our products or access our services, or otherwise interact with us. It also describes how your personal information is used or disclosed and the steps we take to protect it from unauthorized use or disclosure. For special offers, promotions, contests or specific services, such as those provided by our pharmacies, we might advise you that additional or different personal information practices or terms exist. You should refer to those terms or practices as well.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We define the term “personal information” to mean any information that we directly associate with or use to identify a specific person. This may include an address, phone number, email address, fax number, online registration or financial account, when associated with a person’s name. Our definition does not include “aggregate personal information,” which is information that we collect about a group or category of persons or services, or “de-identified information,” which is information from which we or our agents have removed any information that can be used to specifically identify a person, and this policy does not restrict or limit our collection or use of those types of information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information through one or more of the following methods.
- Personal Information You Provide. We may request or give you the opportunity to provide personal information when you register as a user of our website, shop in our stores, sign up for or use our products or services, cash a check, contact us about a prior purchase, or email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, if you enter an on-line sweepstakes, we may request that you provide your telephone number. If you do not provide such information, your participation in such program may be limited. Similarly, if you contact us regarding a product or service that you are interested in or concerned about, we may request that you provide personal information that will enable us to respond to your inquiry.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information. When you shop at our stores, or register for or use our services, transactional information such as the date of your purchase, registration or service usage, their descriptions and if applicable, the dollar amount or value of the transaction may be collected automatically. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to other information that may identify you.
- Other Information. We may obtain information about you from third parties such as demographic marketing information, address verification, or mailing list information and combine it with other personal information pertaining to you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Responding to your requests
- Processing and completing your transactions, including the delivery of products or services
- Contacting you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or sharing with you special offers from other companies
- Conducting market research, surveys and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups
- Evaluating your shopping experience or existing products and services, or to create new items
- Attempting to contact you regarding product safety or recall issues
- Entering you into sweepstakes and promotions
- Verifying and validating your identity
- Keeping a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online
- Preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties in the ordinary course of our business, nor do we share it with them for their own direct marketing purposes. Notwithstanding, upon the occurrence of certain corporate transactions, your personal information may be disclosed or transferred as described under the caption “Certain Business Transfers” below. We may also share your personal information with our parent corporation or affiliated companies for their use in a manner similar to the purposes described above under the caption “Our Use of Personal Information.” Our practices with respect to the disclosure of personal information are described below.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. You may give your consent in several ways, such as through a written agreement that you sign or acknowledge; an online method, such as a “clickthrough” agreement or registration page; an oral statement, such as by way of an interactive voice response; or through the terms and conditions under which we provide you a particular product or service. Sometimes your consent may be implicit. For example, if you purchase products with a credit card and have them shipped to your home, you implicitly consent to the disclosure of your name and address to a third-party shipping company to complete the delivery, and of your credit card number to the credit card processor to authorize the transaction and to the bank to collect payment.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. Information provided to such parties for payment authorization or verification purposes may be retained by them in a database that is used to provide similar services to others. We may also utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data, such as mailing addresses or to supplement other information we have collected. We may also contract with third parties to host a site, conduct market research, or send you information regarding our products or services, or those of other companies with whom we conduct business.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud or abuse. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary in an emergency.
- Certain Business Transfers. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Our pharmacies collect protected health information, which includes your medical and personal history, prescription profile for fulfillment of pharmacy orders, and other health-related information that you, your doctor or your insurance carrier provides to us. This information is most often used to process your prescriptions, provide you with health care information or services, or to contact you with questions and respond to your inquiries. This information is subject to our notice of privacy practices that more specifically describes how we may use or disclose your protected health information. You may request a copy of our notice of privacy practices when you visit any of our pharmacies or by contacting us using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CHILDREN
We do not intend to or knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13, and we encourage parents or guardians to participate in and monitor their children’s online activity. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may inform us of that fact by contacting us using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below, and we will then delete the information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information either directly, on any website bulletin boards or by other means.
ACCESS TO AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not maintain all of your personal information in a form that you can access or update, and some items, such as transaction records, may not be changed. Accordingly, we will determine and may limit what may be accessed and how, and we may keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for lawful purposes. We keep your personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable, and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. You may review your personal information that is readily accessible or request that it be updated by contacting our Customer Interaction Center using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take various physical, electronic and procedural measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, a commonly employed method of encrypted communication used on the Internet, to encrypt during transmission, sensitive personal information you input, including credit card numbers. However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not warrant that any personal information that you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access. If you provide any personal information to us, you do so at your own risk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services unless you specifically ask us not to do so when you access our website or change your preferences by updating any accounts you may have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by submitting an opt-out request to Albertsons (see “How to Contact Us” below) or by following the instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below. We will endeavor to process your opt-out request in a commercially reasonable time.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements, flyers or postcards, contact Albertsons at the address below.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing materials via email, use the method provided in the email or contact Albertsons at the address below.
- Facsimiles: If you have consented to receiving facsimile messages, you may opt out of receiving them by using the method provided in the facsimile message or by contacting Albertsons at the address below.
- Voice or Text Messages: To opt out of receiving in-person voice messages by telephone, contact Albertsons at the address below. If you have consented to receiving prerecorded voice messages or text messages, you may opt out of receiving them by using the method provided in the prerecorded voice message or text message, or by contacting Albertsons at the address below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Mailing Address Attn: Albertsons Customer Service, 250 Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706
Effective Date: February 8, 2012
© 2006 – 2012 Albertsons LLC. All rights reserved.