A standard consulting agreement for a Delaware corporation that needs to hire a consultant and will pay hourly. This is a copy of the full consulting contract containing only the hourly payment clauses.
CONSULTING AGREEMENT (for Services)
Effective Date (“Effective Date”), Consulting Firm Name (“Firm”) and Company (“Company”), agree (this “Agreement”) as follows:
1. Services and Payment. Firm agrees to undertake and complete the Services (as defined in Exhibit A) in accordance with and on the schedule specified in Exhibit A.
2. Ownership; Rights; Proprietary Information; Publicity. Company shall own all right, title and interest for work completed during each Billing Period after invoice for that Billing Period is paid in full to the Firm.
3. Warranty. Firm warrants that the Services will be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner and that none of such Services or any part of this Agreement is or will be inconsistent with any obligation Firm may have to others. All deliverables shall be to the best of firms’s knowledge original work of firm and/or its independent contractors. Contractor will ensure all third-party resources utilized in deliverables do not violate the rights of any third parties.
4. Termination. Either party may terminate the contract at any time through written request. The Company shall upon termination pay Firm all unpaid amounts due for Services completed prior to notice of termination.
5. Relationship of the Parties. Each party shall be and act as an independent contractor and not a partner, joint venturer, or agent of the other.
6. Notice. All notices under this Agreement shall be in writing.
7. Miscellaneous. No changes or modifications or waivers to this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
8. Invoices. All invoices are payable within 15 days of receipt. A monthly service charge of 1.5% [or the greatest amount allowed by state law] is payable on all overdue balances. Payments will be credited first to late payment charges and next to the unpaid balance. Client shall be responsible for all collection or legal fees necessitated by lateness or default in payment. Firm reserves the right to withhold delivery and any transfer of ownership of any current work if accounts are not current or overdue invoices are not paid in full. All grants of any license to use or transfer of ownership of any intellectual property rights under this Agreement are conditioned upon receipt of payment in full which shall be inclusive of any and all outstanding Additional Costs, Taxes, Expenses, and Fees.
Services & Fees
Add description of services your firm is responsible for
The term will continue until the Services are completed or the Agreement is terminated under Section 4, whichever occurs first.
Hourly fee of $Hourly Rate
Exclusive of travel time; payable semi-monthly in arrears 15 days after receipt of itemized invoice, with a cap of $Cap Amount per billing period.
Limited to required, reasonable telephone expenses, coach class (or equivalent) transportation, lodging and meals that have been authorized in writing by Company in advance; payable 15 days after receipt of itemized invoice.