Contract for Event Photo/Video Services
CONTRACT FOR EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEOGRAPHY SERVICES
This agreement is between [Scott Bradley (“Photographer”), and I (“Jill Merriman”), whose information appear at the bottom of this document.
1. Entire Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Client and the
2. Event:Cook Cancer Goodbye - Event Photography and Videography
Date of Event 9/29/2016:
Start Time 6:00
End Time 9:00
Venue of Event - Frank and Gayle Kellys Home in Lutherville, Maryland
3. Confirmation: A signed “Contract for Event Photography Services” and payment of the
deposit are necessary to confirm the stated event photography services from the
Photographer. The required deposit is $150, and may be mailed to Scott Bradley, 9 West 24th Street, Baltimore Maryland, 21218. The deposit is fully refundable only if the Photographer is not able to perform his obligations.
4. Independent Contractor: The Client and Photographer specifically agree that the
Photographer is performing the services as an independent contractor and is not an employee of
Client. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee
relationship. Client further agrees to be responsible for all of his/her own national internal
revenue and local taxes, withholding, social security, insurance, and all other benefits.
5.Shot List. The Client agrees to provide a shot list prior to the event to ensure critical moments are captured.
6. Time Table and Accommodations. The Photographer will show up at the aforementioned time to capture all appropriate events.
7. Image Delivery / Compensation: The remaining balance due will be paid upon completion of the photoshoot, and fully edited images will be electronically delivered within one week of the event. The still images will be delivered as high resolution JPGs, with other file types available by request. The video footage will be delivered as a high resolution file, unless otherwise specified.
AMOUNT AGREED FOR ENTIRE EVENT $125 per Hr = (?)
6. Cooperation: The Client and the Photographer consent to happily cooperating and
communicating with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of
this contract. The Client also agrees to give the Photographer sufficient warning of key events
to give the Photographer time to prepare (e.g. fireworks display, confetti blasts, etc.) Please note
that not all guests like having their photo taken. In such cases, the Photographer will use his
discretion but cannot be held responsible for a lack of photos of these people.
7. The Schedule: Both the Client and the Photographer agree that punctuality and cheerful
cooperation are essential to producing outstanding photographic results. In cases where the
Event does not run on time (e.g.extreme delay in the schedule) we cannot guarantee to take
our normal set of photos although in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to
8. Copyright & Reproduction Rights: The copyrights of the photographs remain with the
Photographer. Client agrees not to sell any image taken during the contracted event to any
person, company, group, advertising agency, or otherwise, without Photographer's express
written permission. The photographs submitted by the Photographer will only include the
Client's and the Photographer's watermarks. The Photographer grants Client permission to use
the images taken during the contracted event for Client's professional use in the following
manner: Print portfolio and website (including but not limited to blog, Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, etc.) immediately after date of event. Web use shall include an
accompanying "Photographed by [PHOTOGRAPHER NAME]" credit line. Any
use that exceeds this limited scope is strictly prohibited.
9. Model Release: The Client grants the Photographer and its legal representatives, heirs, and
assigns, the irrevocable and unlimited consent to use the photographs of the Client for editorial,
competition, advertising, and any other purpose and in any manner, to alter the photographs
without restriction; and to copyright the images. The Client hereby release the Photographer
and its legal representatives, heirs, and assigns from all liability and claims in connection with
10. Confidentiality: Client understands that all materials, price lists, contracts, financial
documents, agreements, and other information or documents that are given to him/her, are the
exclusive property of the Photographer, and are privileged, confidential information. Client
agrees not to reveal this information to anyone, nor to use this information to the detriment of
the Photographer in any way.
11. Limit of Liability: The Photographer is not liable for any loss or damage to Client’s
equipment under this contract. In the unlikely possibility that images may be lost, stolen, or
destroyed for reasons in or beyond our control, liability is limited to the return of fees paid for
the service or part thereof according to the percentage of images supplied.
The agreement constitutes the entire agreements between the parties. Any modification of this
agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision of this agreement is
declared invalid, then the remainder of the agreement will remain in force and effect.
Name of Photographer - Scott Bradley
Contact Information - 860-575-1129