This is a contract for illustration work.
Set forth on Date, this agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between Crit Games LLC., hereafter known as the “Client,” and Artist's Name, hereafter known as “Illustrator.” The Agreement refers to the work of creating illustrations for company (hereafter referred to as “Work”):
We, the Client and Illustrator agree to the following provisions:
- Illustrator agrees to create the Work, along with any supplemental materials (visual assets, etc.) as requested by Client for said design.
- Payment: Client agrees to pay Illustrator for illustrations in 3 parts per illustration: $0 for a sketch, $0 for a completed black & white painting, and $0 for the final color painting. Greater amounts must be authorized under an agreement replacing this one.
- Duration: This Agreement commences on the day listed above, and continues through Completion date, at which point the Work is expected to be completed to Client’s satisfaction. Extensions may be requested by Illustrator, and granted or denied by the Client. If the Client believes that the Work is not yet satisfactory, the Client may extend the deadline and/or request revisions of the Work.
- Completion: Upon the completion of the Agreement to the Client’s satisfaction, Illustrator agrees to transfer all files, including source, PSDs, etc., for the Work to the Client. Within 15 business days of said transfer of all parts (as described in 2 above), Client will then tender the payment to Illustrator. Should the Illustrator not provide the necessary information (tax forms, Paypal or other payment information, this contract, etc.), this deadline will be extended to a month after the necessary information has been provided.
- Early Completion: At any point prior to the Client’s deadline, Client may end the project, at which point the project will be considered completed and no further work will be done or paid for, but all work done up to that point will be transferred and paid for, per the Completion clause above. If a phase of the Work has not yet been approved by the Client at the time at which the project is ended, Client will pay on pro-rated basis for the part of the work that has been done.
- Client Responsibilities: Client agrees to provide Illustrator with text and images (copy, etc.) needed for the Work to be completed on time and to Client’s satisfaction.
- Rights: Rights, including copyright, ownership, and publishing rights, to this Work belong to the Illustrator. The Illustrator will grant the right for the Client to reproduce, publically display, and distribute images upon agreed upon terms.
- Severability: If any provision of the Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties agree that the Artist is an independent contractor, and that neither the Artist, nor the Artist’s employees or contract personnel are, or shall be deemed to be, employees of the Client. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Neither party is authorized to act as agent or bind the other party except as expressly stated in this Agreement.
- No Exclusivity. This agreement does not create an exclusive relationship between the parties. The Client is free to engage others to perform services of the same or similar nature to those provided by the Artist. The Artist shall be entitled to offer and provide services to others, solicit other clients, and otherwise advertise the services offered by the Artist. However, the Artist agrees not to license the work to any other companies for the duration of the Agreement.
- Jurisdiction: This Agreement is a legal document under the jurisdictions of the courts of the State of Oregon in the United States of America.
- This Agreement supersedes any agreement made before the signing of this Agreement.
This undersigned consent to all the provisions in this Agreement, effective as of the date at the top.