We value your privacy. This policy describes how we handle personal information. You can review our policy the first time we do business with you and every year you are a State Farm customer.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect State Farm customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the State Farm family of companies unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford our prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard nonpublic personal information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
Types of information we collect and how we gather it may include:
- From your applications and other forms related to our products and through your conversations with State Farm representatives, including our agents
- When you visit statefarm.com®, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and your interactions with our online advertisements
- From your transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims
- From within the State Farm family of companies
- From non-State Farm parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with driving records, claim histories, and credit information
We use customer information, sometimes including consumer report information, to:
- Underwrite and rate your policies and accounts
- Process your claims
- Ensure proper billing
- Service your policies and accounts
- Enhance your customer experience
- Offer you other insurance and financial services products that may suit your needs
We share information about you, including information about our transactions (such as payments) and experiences (such as an auto claim) with you, within our State Farm family of companies and with State Farm agents to help meet your current product and service needs. We share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies for our everyday business purposes and as permitted or required by law. We share information about you with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
We share information with consumer reporting agencies and with other entities as needed to handle your claim and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions. For example, we might share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
We share information within our State Farm family of companies so, for example, we do not have to ask you for the same information again. If you prefer to limit sharing information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, call your State Farm agent or 1-800-865-6035.
- If you are an existing customer and have already told us your information sharing preferences, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
- Your choice will apply to your joint policyholders/accountholders on shared policies/accounts.
- Your choice does not limit State Farm from sharing certain information about your transactions with us or your experiences with us for everyday business purposes.
- This sharing option does not apply to our Canadian customers if the policy was purchased or the account was set up in Canada.
Residents of Vermont: State Farm will not share personal information across our State Farm family of companies unless authorized by you. This does not limit State Farm from sharing certain information about your transactions with us (such as your payment history) or your experience with us (such as your claim history) as permitted by law.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
State Farm Lloyds
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
State Farm Life Insurance Company
State Farm Health Insurance Company
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company
State Farm Bank, F.S.B.
State Farm VP Management Corp.
State Farm International Holding Company
State Farm Investment Management Corp.
State Farm International Services, Inc.
State Farm Associates’ Funds Trust
State Farm Mutual Fund Trust
State Farm Investor Services (Canada) Co.
State Farm Finance Corporation of Canada
SF Insurance Placement Corporation of Canada
Insurance Placement Services, Inc.
State Farm International Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Plaza One Realty Co.
State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company
State Farm Variable Product Trust
Midwest Support Services Private Limited
Residents of California: State Farm may collect personal information from sources other than the individual applying for insurance coverage with State Farm. Such personal information may, in certain cases, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of personal information, please contact your State Farm agent. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any personal information in your State Farm files by writing your State Farm agent to request this access.
Si desea recibir una copia de esta notificación en español: Por favor póngase en contacto con su agente de State Farm o visite statefarmenespanol.com.