(No summary is available.)
THIS AGREEMENT made as of the Oct 31, 2016 between Achievers Lab, a corporation
incorporated under the laws of the Province of Ontario, and having its principal place of
business in city of _____Markham___( the "Employer"); and ______________ , of the City of
__Pickering_ in the Province of Ontario (the "Tutor").
1. Employment. The Tutor agrees that they will at all times faithfully, industriously, and to the
best of his/her skill, ability, experience and talents, perform all of the duties required of their
position. In carrying out these duties and responsibilities, the Tutor shall comply with all
Employer policies, procedures, rules and regulations, both written and oral, as are announced
by the Employer from time to time. It is also understood and agreed to by the Tutor that his/her
assignment, duties and responsibilities and reporting arrangements may be changed by the
Employer in its sole discretion without causing termination of this agreement.
2. Description of work. Tutor will be responsible for providing tutoring instruction ("Sessions").
They will comply with the general teaching structure of Achievers Lab but can retain full
discretion as to the manner and means of carrying out the lesson.
3. Private Tutoring. Tutor shall set their own hours and schedule Tutor’s own sessions for
Private Tutoring with their assigned student(s) accordingly. Should there be any circumstances
for the Tutor to reschedule or cancel a scheduled lesson, they must give a t least 24 hour prior
notice to the student and the Employer. Tutor shall generally render services as needed to
perform Tutor’s duties hereunder as set forth in the Description of Work.
4. Small Group Lessons. Tutor shall follow and refer to the class schedule as set out by
Achievers Lab. Tutor must understand that they are the only assigned teacher to the class and
must attend all lessons with due diligence. Any class absences such as sick days or vacation
days are evaluated on a casebycase basis. Should there be any reasons for the Tutor’s
absence, they must report their absence 3 weeks in advance. For any emergency situations,
the Tutor is responsible for transferring the course material over to the substitute teacher.
5. Compensation. Tutor shall be paid at the rate of $ 22/hour by Achievers Lab on a monthly
basis. Tutors are employed on a contractor basis. After a probation period of no longer than 3
months, Tutor shall be paid at the rate of $25/hour. Under no circumstances is Tutor to attempt
to seek or receive compensation directly from Achievers Lab students. For student billing
purposes, Tutor will report the length of each session completed by: 1 . Completing a monthly
timesheet, stating the student’s name, date, time, and duration of each lesson, and 2.
Have each entry initialed by the student.
6. Payment system. Tutor agrees not to subvert the payment system or to divert funds
ordinarily payable to Achievers Lab.
7. Expenses. Tutor is solely responsible for all costs and expenses related to the services
provided hereunder including, but not limited to, expenses associated with preparing for and
administering Sessions, educational materials and transportation. Achievers Lab will not be
liable to Tutor for any expenses incurred in the rendition of services.
8. Supplies. Tutor will provide their own supplies and equipment required to complete the
9. Taxes. Tutor is responsible for all federal, provincial, and/or local tax purposes. Neither
federal, or provincial, or local income tax, or payroll tax of any kind shall be withheld by
Achievers Lab on behalf of Tutor. Tutor understands that it is Tutor’s responsibility to pay any
10. Confidentiality. Tutor acknowledges that, during the performance of services, they will have
access to information relating to student's identity, address, contact information, and other
personal information or requests for services ("Confidential Information"). Tutor agrees that
Tutor owes a duty to Achievers Lab and such third parties, during the term of this Agreement
and thereafter, to hold all such Confidential Information in the strictest confidence and not to
disclose it to any person, firm or corporation or to use it except as necessary in carrying out the
services consistent with this Agreement.
11. Indemnity and hold harmless clause. Tutor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless
Achievers Lab, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees and agents,
from and against any and all losses, expenses, costs, liabilities and damages (including any
legal fee and expenses), any and all injuries, whether direct, consequential or incidental in
nature, which result from, are connected with or arise out of the performance by Tutor of work
performed in relation to this Agreement, including any act by Tutor inconsistent with Tutor's
status as an Independent Tutor.
12. Termination of relationship. The Tutor may terminate this Agreement for any reason given
to the Employer in written format, no less than 4 weeks in advance of proposed leave. The
Employer may terminate this Agreement for any reason at any time.
13. Noncompete. The Tutor shall always act in the best interest for the Employer at all times.
The Tutor shall not engage or perform work in relationship to any other tutoring service,
education provider, private school, and any other similar businesses while under the terms of
this Agreement. Tutors must also disclose all relationships of private tutoring sessions
immediately to the Employer to prevent conflict of interest.